A grand gesture

My flight home was early evening on the Tuesday. Jake's play was incredible, I'd laughed, cried and loved every second. I'd met him back at his and after spending the day in bed not being able to keep our hands off of each other we'd spent Monday night at the dinner table, drinking, eating, talking, laughing. It was perfect. We spent Tuesday day mainly inside. Neither of us wanted to complication of being photographed at the moment. This was a fun thing, behind closed doors, in bed, no strings, fun.

I'd packed my stuff and we had a bit of time to chill before I had to head to the airport and Jake would head off to the theatre.

"Do we plan when we next see each other then?" He asked as I snuggled into his chest led out on the sofa.

"We could, Yeah. What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking, I don't want you to leave without a plan for when I'll see you next" I blushed at his honesty and what he was actually saying. "How about Halloween? I'm thinking of having a party, I know I'm asking you to come here again but maybe if you were able to, then you could come and stay for a bit" He was rambling a little.

"I can certainly look and see what I'm up to. I like the thought of a plan too" I felt him release a breath and he kissed the top of my head. It had all got a bit soppy all of a sudden. My phone buzzed as the car I'd sorted was 5 minutes away. Perfect timing to leave before it got any weirder.

—————————————-

"So what is it then?" I'd met up with My friend Andrew for some external advice. Steph was in the same boat as me and couldn't see any positivity, Hiddleston was shit at this sort of thing and my other friends were too busy with children and husbands and their perfect lives to listen to me moan about a boy.

"I've not got a clue any more" I ate my dinner and took a big slug of wine. "It started as fun. Sex I guess. Just lots of really good sex"

"And?"

"And now I feel like I'm falling for him"

"And what do you think he feels?" Andrew asked, as if I had a bloody clue.

"Fuck knows. He has kept us behind closed doors. Which I'm totally ok with, it's much easier and I don't mind hanging around in bed with him. But he's talked, well hinted at the fact that he's not having sex with anyone else..."

"Are you?" He interrupted my rambles.

"Am I what?"

"Having sex with anyone else?" He asked with a twinkle in his eye. He knew I wasn't, he knew I'd had offers and I was turning them down.

"Nope"

"Do you want to? I mean guys throw themselves at you, and you live with like the hottest guy around -surely you could get your fair share of pole if you want, right?"

"I could" I smirked and over did my boastfulness "but honestly I don't think about it with anyone else. I don't think I have the time. I talk to him in my spare time. I text him, respond to calls. I think about him all the fucking time, other guys just..."

"Well darling, you're fucked!" Andrew clinked my glass with his and downed his drink before topping us both up.

"Argh. Thanks! Well what do I do now?" Our plates were cleared and we sat with our drinks, both now a little tiddly.

"I guess we find out what he's thinking" Andrew looked like he was forming a plan.

"And how do I do that?"

"Not really sure. You could ask him?" He looked a little less planned now.

"Fuck off. Like I text him saying 'do you like me?'" I scoffed.

"No, you ask about maybe? Find out what he's saying? You could get him drunk at this party? See what he says or something?" He paused as I held my head in my hands. "Or darling, you let it run its course. See what happens. Enjoy the moment, enjoy being excited by this gorgeous man who makes your legs weak. Enjoy the sex, don't panic or rush things and see what happens" he smiled as I raised my head and looked at him.

"But I wanna know that he likes me" I whined.

"Me too darling. And I'm sure he does. But you're, sadly not 13 anymore and you can't get your friend to write a note. I would if that was acceptable. But instead I'll be here to drink, and gossip and get excited, and to see what happens too"

We spent the rest of the evening trying to talk about other things. He filled me in on his new projects and we planned what I might wear to Jake's party. When I got home I text Jake. After talking about him all evening I wanted nothing more then to actually talk to him.

Me- hey! You had a good day? X

Jake- Hey. I have had a great day so far. Just about to start tonight's show. Sorry I've been useless at messaging. I've been super busy. You still thinking of making the end of the month? Xx

Me- I am yes. When would you like me? Xx

Jake- I'd like you now! ;) xxx

Me - Ha cheeky! I'm Sure you have a string of playthings you can amuse yourself with? :P

I thought I'd put that out there. As soon as I hit send I panicked. He didn't respond. He didn't read it either.

"Tom!" I banged on his door.

"What the fuck!" He answered the door in his boxers looking a little sleepy. "Grace, darling, I have to be up at the crack of dawn. What's wrong?"

"Sorry. I just needed calming down. I've..."

"Come in." He stood back and I sat down on his bed. "What's happened?"

I explained the conversation with Andrew and showed him the message I'd sent.

"You're over reacting. Look..." he pointed out that the message hadn't been read, and that Jake had made it clear he was just about to go on stage so he wouldn't have been able to look at his phone. "Come here!" He snuggled me next to him and pulled over the covers. "Put the fucking phone down, sleep and he'll have responded in the morning"

I did everything I could to not check my phone every two minutes, and eventually I fell asleep. Tom woke me as he moved over to the edge of the bed. We'd slept in the same bed many a night and his wriggling was ridiculous. It had been three hours and I dubiously checked my phone.

Jake - nothing could be further from the truth! You're literally all I have on my mind, I don't have space for anyone or much else. I can't wait to see you again. Would you like to stay with me when you're here? Xxx J

Jake - I miss you. I wish you were closer. I would definitely run to yours in a grand 'im not sleeping with anyone else' gesture. xxx