Volume 1: Chapter 2

Volume 1: Chapter 2 

A man came out of the rockery not far away. He was very young, about seventeen or eighteen years old, wearing a light purple costume robe with the same color as her dress. He got wide shoulders and narrow waist, around which was a belt decorated with jade. Besides, his skin was fair while features were delicate. Especially his pair of phoenix eyes, their pupils were dark and deep like gems of ink-color, emitting a fine luster. Holding a superior fan with Chinese landscape wash painting, he walked leisurely to her with a brilliant smile, looking so handsome and elegant.

 Holding a superior fan with Chinese landscape wash painting, he walked leisurely to her with a brilliant smile, looking so handsome and elegant

A handsome man in a light purple costume robe

Li Yun looked at the man who suddenly appeared. She just felt spookier and wasn't interested in appreciating such a beautiful man.

The distance from the rockery to the pavilion where she stayed was about ten zhang (a unit of length, 1 zhang equals to 10/3 meters). Had this person just arrived, or had he been hiding behind the rockery? Her pupils constricted slightly when she was reflecting upon the things happened since she woke up. Thinking that she had done nothing out of the line, Li Yun gave a slight sigh of relief secretly and still sat quietly, calmly looking at the man coming along.

This was her habit for many years – never took bold action before figuring out the situation. Moreover, the present situation was so strange, but since it was not a dream and there would be no ghosts in the daytime, so he was a real person. As her mind became clearer, the memory now clearly emerged as well.

She remembered that she ordered all the staff in the NSA to retreat, while she stayed alone to dismantle the time bomb. Dealing with the latest bomb device almost exhausted what she had learned in her life, and she stopped it at the last seconds, but she didn't expect that there was one more hidden time bomb. It was too late, therefore, she jumped down the 12-story building with the bomb. In any case, she couldn't let it ruin the whole building, otherwise, the secrets that countless people died for would be destroyed, and the consequences would be unimaginable...

Why was she still alive after jumping down the 12-story building? She was not able to fly. Even if she could fly, she must have been killed by the bomb. What's more, she remembered that it was dusk when she jumped down, but now... She looked up at the sky for the third time. The sun was hot, the sky was blue, and the cloud was clear...

An incredible idea suddenly came to her mind.

The ridiculous transmitting theory that Li Yun originally believed would never be realized was overthrown by this strange situation. Her previous concept collapsed. Was there really such a magical thing in the world? She was not dead, but reborn again? Moreover, she was reborn in ancient times?

Even though it was unbelievable, Li Yun still didn't show a hint of panic. As the man approached, her eyes became calmer.

"We haven't seen each other just for a few days. Younger sister Yue seems to have forgotten me?" The man gazed at Li Yun's face with his deep eyes.