Chapter 114 : Birthday Banquet.

Today, Lan Manor was already busy much earlier. All the servants were busy coming and going in preparation. 

“Father!” Lan You Nian came much earlier to Lan Jian Jun’s courtyard to give his morning greets, “Wish father a good birthday!” Lan Mo Xian knelt on the ground and kowtowed.

When he was a young, he knew Lan Jian Jun. That time, Lan Jian Jun was father’s good friend, always bring his wife into his home to visit father, mother, and him. However he didn’t expect father to die on the battlefield when he was five, mother died of sickness, leaving only him in the home. At that time, he was afraid, didn’t know what to do. It was then father and mother welcomed him into Lan manor and he became Lan manor’s legitimate son, letting him have a home.

Mother was warm and beautiful, always taking good care of him, will make clothes for him and make him food, and when he did well, she will rub his head and praise him. although father was not good with words, a little serious, but he taught him to ride a horse, shoot with a bow and arrow, taught him martial arts, gradually he integrated into Lan manor, accepting this pair of parents. The family of three were very happy even though there was An yiniang and her several children in the manor. Father was never concerned about them and mother was never bothered by them.

Later, mother was pregnant, he saw father and mother overjoyed in expectation of the child in mother’s belly, at that time mother always warmly held him as she said, “Mo Xian, you will now have a little sister, do you like?”

There was only Lan Mo Xian this one child in Lan manor, so the little Lan Mo Xian was very eager for a soft and cute little sister. To the mother filled with motherly love under the sunlight, he said, “Mother, son will protect little sister, will help her beat the bad guys!”

At that time, father would chuckle, then pick him up, “My son is capable! I will watch you protect your little sister!”

“En!” Little Lan Mo Xian clenched his fists, nodding, answering very seriously, making mother and father very happy.

Later, Mother gave birth prematurely, the manor was in panic, he was with father standing outside the door listening to mother’s screams anxiously.

None of them expected mother who was usually so fragile will fight for the child in her belly and give birth to little sister. When the child wailed, mother was just hanging by a thread.

Father and he stood by mother’s bedside, mother’s face was deathly pale as she said to father,”Our daughter is called You Nian, You Nian…”

The mama brought the just born Lan You Nian to mother’s side, mother held the small infant, caressed the infant’s face, “Mother’s You Nian…”

“Xiao Ran…” Lan Jian Jun was shaking as he held He Xiao Ran, He Xiao Ran’s lips smiled and died in Lan Jian Jun’s arms, and that still crying infant.

That was the first time Lan Mo Xian saw the firm and unyielding father shed tears, grief-stricken wanting to go with mother. At that time, he continued to stay beside father seeing father’s increasingly gloomy face.

Mother’s death was a hug blow to father so to the just born Lan You Nian, father never asked about her, only gave little sister a courtyard and one of the best mama and guards, but he never went to see her. In the past he tried to let father care about little sister but all he received was father’s silence. He thought father really din’t care about little sister, otherwise how can he treat Nian’er meimei like this?

Afterwards, on a thunderous night, he was afraid the still just several years old Nian’er meimei would be afraid, he anxiously dressed and headed towards You Nian PAvilion. He saw father standing in Nian’er meimei’s window looking at the deeply asleep Nian’er meimei, the expression on his face was pain. That moment, he knew it wasn’t that father didn’t like Nian’er meimei. One on hand, he liked Nian’er meimei, on the other hand, he felt Nian’er meimei killed Mother. Both were his loved one, he didn’t how to face it.