Apologise

"Catra." Adora said, a little more seriously.

Catra, however, stayed hidden in the shadows of the overlapping trees branches. Her dull expression never changing. 

Even though she was her new found enemy, the feline had to admit, she missed the blonde dork dearly. But she had to remind herself -for the millionth time- that this was no longer her best friend, but instead her enemy. 

That didn't stop her, though, from taking a mighty leap into the blonde girls room and sitting on the end of her bed. Just because they were enemies, doesn't mean that Catra couldn't mess with the blonde from time to time. Even though this is their first encounter after the battle that took place months ago. 

"Catra, you're not supposed to be here." Adora said in a serious tone, her pale blue eyes were fierce, yet somewhere deep down they held a certain softness in her gaze.

"Yeah yeah, I know I'm not welcomed here. I just needed to get away for a hour or two." Came the felines response. She noticed the blonde had her sword in her left hand, the sight caused her to frown deeply, but she knew why Adora was being so cautious.

"So then leave, I'm not in the mood to fight you and Glimmer likes to come in here at random times and if she see's you all hell is going to break loose." Adora continued.

"First off, I don't give two fucks about princess Twinkle Toes. I can easily take her out myslef if I wanted to," Catra said confidently, Adora's reaction to what she had said was priceless, but she held back her laugh and continued, "and secondly, I'm not here to fight. I already told why I'm here."

Adora, deep down, was seething with anger for numerous reasons. But she kept it hidden as she calmly continued to question the Magicat. 

"Either way, you need to go. I'm suppose to be training and-" The blonde was cut off by the feline.

"Save the excuses and come sit with me Adora, I swear I won't attack you." Catra said, holding her arms high in the air just to prove her point.

Adora knew that Catra had quick reflexes, even if she was tellling the truth, she could still attack her. But she still walked over to her bed and sat beside the feline, her sword still in hand.

Catra, once again, glanced over at the sword and sighed softly. Her tail wrapped around her own waist as she dropped her arms to hug her knees tightly to her chest.

Adora shamelessly stared at her best friend, and then back to her sword, she let out a sigh and dropped the sword by her feet and rested her hands on her knees, turning to the brunette with a warm smile.

The Horde soilder gave a faint smile back and stared down at her feet. Enjoiyng the silence while she could before she had to go back. But she was completely thrown off guard when Adora wrapped her arms around neck and buried her head in the felines hair.

"Catra, I'm sorry for leaving. I really am, I didn't even think twice about what would possibly happen to you after I left the way I did. But please hear me out and stay with me." Adora pleaded, her voice a was a bit muffled, but Catra heard her loud and clear.

The Magicat's mood darkened, after hearing Adora beg  for her to stay, she internally snarled.

"You know I can't just up and leave the Horde like you did, especially now that I'm Hordak's new second in command. Besides, I've tried to harm both you and your new best friends multiple times but you still want me to be with you?"  

"Your the new second in command!? When did this happen?" Adora yelled as she removed her face from the Magicats hair to look at her, but the expression on her face said it all.

"Yes! Why is that so hard for you to believe? Oh no, wait, I know, because you never had faith in me in the first place!" Catra snarled lowly and pryed herself from the blonde girls strong grasp and stood right in front of the girl, her tail swaying quickly behind her.

"Are you serious?! I've always had faith in you, and I still do. Which is why I am asking you to stay with me! I know there's good in you Catra." Adora said, standing up as well as she faced the slightly shorter girl with the same intensity. 

"Whatever, I have to go. Scorpia has probably sent out a search party to come after me." Catra said, turning away from Adora and hopping onto the window sill, preparing herself to jump out.

"Catra wait!" Adora said a bit too loudly, reaching out and successfully grabbing Catra's hand. 

The brunette sighed and turned to face the blonde girl, her mismatched colored eyes glaring into pale blue. 

Adora, not really knowing what to say at that exact moment, pulled Catra from the widow sill and into her arms, her hands digging there way into the felines hair and lightly grabbed her roots, leaning down a bit to whisper in her ear.

"Please, think about it You don't belong there." Catra shivered and closed her eyes, her arms hanging loosely by her side and her cheeks heated up a bit. 

She was about to make a remark when a flash of sparkles caught her eye.

"Adora are you okay? I heard yelling and- why is she here!?!?" Came Glimmer's voice.

Catra collected herself and pushed Adora away from her, a toothy smirk playing at her lips as she quicky backed up towards the window sill once more.

"See ya Twinkle Toes, bye Adora." She said as she finally jumped down and into a thick bush, that was located at the bottom of the window, that broke her fall as she quickly ran back towards her stollen skiff.

Glimmer ran toward the still open window and watched the whole thing, watching the feline go until she was completely out of sight. 

"Why was she here?" Glimmer said in fury once she turned around to look at Adora, who was still standing in place, her cheeks a bit rosy.

"Well.. uh um-" Adora tried to form words, but was too embarassed to do so.

Glimmer groaned and grabbed Adora's wrist, dragging her to her room. "We're going to have a long  talk about this. Right now." 

Adora internally groaned and let the Brightmoon's future queen drag her to her room. Knowing that it was going to be a long night ahead of her.