Chapter One

January 6th, 2019

My greyish blue eyes open to the sun blinding me through the window. I hear lots of movement downstairs and a pound on the floor. Oh, right, today's my birthday. I never really liked birthdays, especially mine. I mean we're pretty much celebrating getting closer to death day, and that's not something people like to think about. Well at least I get to see my grandpas and grandma Cherry again, I almost never get to see them.

"Y/N, get down here! Your grandpas and grandma Cherry are almost here!" I hear my mom, Christa, call from downstairs.

"Coming mom!"

I put on the pretty grey dress, grandma Cherry made for me two years ago. I'm surprised that it fit me, never mind that, they are going to be here soon!

I rushed downstairs just as my grandpas and grandma pull into the driveway. Grandma is the first to open the door, and she tackles me with a hug as soon as she sees me.

"What's up kid," grandpa Pony smiles standing next to her.

"You wore the dress! How does it fit you? Have you not grown much? I missed you child!" grandma Cherry 'cries'.

"I can't breathe!" I gasp for air.

"Use your lungs kid! Use your lungs," Grandpa Keith laughed.

"Lungs do not work!" I yelled.

"Cherry, put her down," grandpa Darry sighed.

"Y/N, how old are you turning again? I don't remember," grandpa Soda picks me up.

"This is my 14th birthday," I laughed at him.

"That was a rough time for Pony," grandpa Steve plopped down onto the couch.

"Grandpa Pony, can you tell me about it, please," I begged

"It wasn't a very nice year, so I don't know," Pony looked away from me.

"Pony, just tell her if she wants to know," Keith smiled.

"Alright then," Pony sighed and began to tell me about his life from 1965.

He told me about how his friends Johnny and Dally died, and that was not what I wanted to hear after what they did for grandpa Pony.

"They should have lived! I don't think it was fair for them to die grandpa."

"Y/N, sometimes life isn't fair to people, and they weren't so lucky from the choices they made," Soda smiled painfully.

"I wish there was a way to fix it, so they could meet you, Y/N. Dally would definitely find you to be an interesting child," Pony sighed.

"Hey, dad, it's around eight p.m. so you guys should head out. Your story took a long time to cover. I hope we'll get to see you guys some other time," my dad pats grandpa Pony on the back.

"Okay, see you later. Happy birthday Y/N," Pony messes up my hair.

"Bye, Grandpas and grandma Cherry!"

They all head to their homes while I head upstairs and lay on my bed. If only I could go back to my grandpa's time and stop Johnny from dying, then grandpa wouldn't need to miss them. They could be here at this time. I want to change the past.

*woosh woosh time travel stuff*

My head hurt badly as if I got hit by a baseball bat, and the surface I was on was cold and damp. I open my eyes and see that I am in some sort of abandoned lot.