Richie tozier x reader, part 1

After moving to across the country to a small town in the middle of Maine called Derry, you wanted to get to know the place a little more. You had moved there about 2 weeks ago and since it was summer you didn't make any friends yet, and you were too busy unpacking to explore much further than down your own street.
You hopped on your bike and started going down one of the roads. A few minutes away from your house you came to a really old and creepy looking house. It looked like it would be a fun place to go explore once you had some friends to go with you, but for now you just continued down the road.
As you were turning around a corner you spotted a group of kids that looked around your age. You decided that since you literally knew no one there you might as well go and introduce yourself. Maybe they would be nice enough to be your friends and show you around town?
You rode up to them and to your surprise they all looked at you and started smirking.
"Hey there baby cakes. You lost?" A guy with a mullet asked you as he slowly made his way over to where you were getting off your bike.
You kinda froze for a moment, not expecting this kind of intimidating first impression.
"Uh, no. I just moved here and I was just looking around town..." you said hesitantly.
"Oh yeah?" Another one of the guys said. This one had blond hair and was a lot bigger than the others. "Why don't you come with us? We can show you around." They all chuckled.
"Yeah, no thanks. I just want to look around myself thanks." You replied quickly.
"Aww come on. The name's Henry. This is Patrick, Vic and Belch. Let's go, we'll give you the grand tour."
"No thank you, I really have to-"
Henry grabbed your arm and started pulling you. You screamed for help as you were forced to drop your bike and try to pull away, but he was freakishly strong especially compared to you who had just come from a relatively urban town.
"Please!" You screamed. "Let me go! Why are you doing this?"
"Come on sugar tits. We just want to get to know you a little." He pulled you even harder and you realized he was trying to take you towards the forest.

"HEY BOWERS!" Someone from behind you shouted. Henry was then hit right in the head with a rock. His grip loosened enough for you to slip free and start running towards the boy who threw the rock.
"Hurry, we need to go!" He said quickly and you both started running as fast as you could into the forest, as far from this Henry guy as you could get.
When you finally lost him lost him you were both out of breath so you stopped by a creek and sat down.
"Are you ok?" The boy asked. He had dark hair and glasses that magnified his eyes to look much bigger than they should be, and he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt which you found kind of peculiar for a boy your age.
When you caught your breath you answered, "yeah, he didn't do anything besides grabbing my arm. I don't want to think about what could have happened if you didn't come just then though..." you trailed off.
"I'm like your night in shining armour, coming to rescue the fair maiden from the clutches of the evil troll" He grinned, not an unsettling grin like Henry had, a dorky grin that made you smile a little too. You looked away when you smiled since it was a pretty lame joke, but he caught that and it made him smile even more.
"I'm Richie, nice to meet you m'lady, and you are?" He said in a terrible knight's accent.
You couldn't help but laugh. "I'm (y/n), I am eternally grateful for you coming to rescue me sir Richie" you said after deciding to play along too.
"Anything for you m'lady." He grinned again.
You got up and started explaining what happened and how you just moved to town a few weeks ago. He listened to you while gathering sticks, which you didn't bother to question.
This boy is so weird compared to anyone from back home, You thought.
"I've lived here my whole life, you want me to show you around? I know all the cool spots, there's this one place, we call it the barrens, and it's a huge cliff where we jump off of and go swimming in the lake. It's so cool you have to see it." He said.
"I can't today, I'm tired anyway and I have to be home for dinner in 10 minutes. Want to meet up tomorrow?" You said when you looked at your watch and realized how late it was.
"Sure! Where's your house I can just meet you there."
"It's all the way down that way, and then to the right." You pointed out to him.
"Oh, that's where I need to go to get to my house anyway, want to walk together?"
"Sure, but I need to grab my bike on the way back, I dropped it over where bowers was." You remembered.
"No problemo, let's go."

As you walked back you your house together you talked about a bunch of different things. He told you about his friends and how great they are. He said you could meet them really soon but they're busy this week so for now you'd just hang out with him and get to know the area a bit more. When you finally got to your house you said goodbye and agreed to meet at 12 the next day.
"It was an honour rescuing you today miss (y/n)." He said in the same cheesy accent.
You just laughed and said "goodnight Richie, see you tomorrow", and went inside your house.
That night you thought a lot about Richie. He seemed like such a nice guy, and you could definitely see yourself hanging out with him. You couldn't wait to check out the barrens, they seemed so cool. You never had any cool places like this growing up since you lived in a city, but now you really got to go exploring, and meeting some new people who definitely had a lot more character than the people you knew before.
You fell asleep with thoughts of what your life would be like in this new, strange town called Derry.

Authors note: this is my first fanfic so it's not great, and it's part one, so I'll probably be updating as soon as I can. I hope you like it!💛

(1005 words)