Chapter 2

The Dark house was a tall house on a hill. It always seemed to be shadowed even when the sun shines its brightest (hence the name dark house)
     Luke looked up at the house. It was painted dark brown and the paint was peeling. The grass around it was dry and in desperate need of some watering. There were rumors that the house was haunted but Luke didn't really believe them because ghosts weren't real, right? Luke and his friends had joked about going inside before, but the truth was they were all terrified of the house. Everyone was.
     Luke turned away from the house and walked away from it and plopped down in some grass. He was lost in thought when-plop-a droplet of water splashed on his head. He looked up. It was starting to rain. He cursed, realizing he had no jacket and was a while away from his house. The rain started to come down harder, splattering him. Mocking him. Luke scowled, everything was against him today. He looked around for any shelter. His eyes fell on the dark house. It looked awful, but Luke figured it was better than pneumonia. Luke ran towards the house, covering his head. He walked up to the door and with a deep breath he pushed the door. It creaked open and Luke peeked inside. It was dark and dusty, but dry and Luke stepped inside.
He looked around. The wallpaper was peeling and the furniture was knocked over. It was pretty much what you'd expect an abandoned house to look like. He picked up a fallen chair and sat down. This place wasn't so bad. Everyone was just getting scared over nothing! This was a perfectly normal non haunted house. He let out a breath. He was proud of himself! There was nothing to worry about, nothing to be scared ab- the door slammed closed. Luke jumped in his seat. No problem it was probably just the wind. Yes, the wind blew the door shut. 

Then he heard the door lock.

 There was no way the wind did that. Luke cautiously made his way to the door. He grabbed the handle and tried to open it. It wouldn't budge. He pulled on the door as hard as he could. It wouldn't open. He felt a sudden cold wash over him and his hairs on his neck prickled. Something was wrong, he had to get out. He grabbed a chair and started to bang it against the door. 

"There's no use in trying, you won't be able to get out till I'm done with you." Said a voice from behind him.

DUN DUN DUN!!! Cliffhanger!!! Find out more in the next chapter! Please vote if you liked it and leave a comment!
See ya next time