Chapter 3

Luke whirled around but didn't see anyone. He looked around. He knew he'd heard someone. He picked up a nearby candlestick as a weapon. 

"Where are you?" He said 

"Right here." The voice responded. It sounded close. 

"Why can't I see you?!" Luke asked. 

"You cannot see me because I am just a spirit." The voice responded. Luke was uneasy. He raised the candlestick higher. 

"What do you want?" Luke said, his voice trembling.

 "I only want to know why you are in my house, is that too much to ask?"

 The spirit answered. Luke lowered the candlestick. 

"You don't want to eat my soul?" He asked. 

"No no! Of course not!" The spirit said 

"I've never eaten a soul in my life, or death. I'm sure they taste terrible anyway!" The spirit added. 

"Oh," Luke said sitting down. "I'm sorry if I assumed, I mean I've never met a spirit before. Only heard stories. And the stories-" the spirit cut him off 

"Make off all spirits to be evil, cunning, soul eating, demons. Correct?" Luke nodded. "Yes, well spirits have a bad reputation but we're not all bad." Luke stood up 

"Well, uh, nice talking to you, but I really should get going." 

"Wait!" The spirit said "You still haven't answered my question! Why were you in my house?" Luke turned around. 

"It was raining outside." He answered.

 "Oh," the spirit said. "But, why were you all the way out here?" 

"That's none of your business." Luke spat. The spirit seemed taken aback 

"I'm sorry, I meant no harm." 

"No I'm sorry," Luke said "I shouldn't have snapped at you. You had no way of knowing, I've just had a rough night." 

"Oh," the spirit said "Want to talk about it?" Luke hesitated, he felt like he could trust him. He sat down on a chair. 

"I had a fight with my mom and then I snapped at my sister." 

"Mm." The spirit said. Luke continued, 

"You see, we have a treehouse in the village and we made a club there and lately I've been staying there late and missing dinner. So my mom says I can't go there anymore. But I'm the leader and if I leave, the position I've worked so hard for, will go to Matthew!" Luke felt like steam could come out of his ears "My stupid mom doesn't understand, the club means so much to me and I've worked so hard for it!" 

"Yes, parents are the worst!" The spirit agreed "Always so strict and only care about themselves! They don't care about you, they only do things for their own benefit!" Luke nodded. "You know," the spirit said "Something I do when I'm angry is I write the persons name on the wall and every time they do something that makes me mad, I put a tally mark next to their name. Would you like to try?" Luke nodded eagerly. Luke felt a breeze as the spirit moved around. Then a piece of chalk floated up, Luke assumed the spirit must be holding it. The chalk floated over to a wall and stopped. "How about this wall?" Luke walked over to the tall and took the chalk from the spirit.Determination flowing through him he wrote "mom" in big letters and added a tally. He smiled triumphantly. "Feel better?"the spirit asked.

 "Yeah," Luke said. 

"You know," the spirit said "I never got your name." 

"I'm Luke." Luke said. 

"Well Luke, I get awfully lonely here, so anytime you just wanna talk you can just head over here." The spirit said 

"Ok. I'd like that." Luke said and he headed out the door.
     When he got home he was able to sneak upstairs and into his room without anyone noticing. He got in bed and quickly fell asleep.

Hope you liked it! Please vote and comment, it's really encouraging and motivates me to write!! 😆Love you guys!!!🥰thanks so much for 11 reads!!!
See ya next time!