Regret

A/N: This takes place before the gang escape, there are no OCs in this short. So in my human headcanon, Gill usually protects the Lab Gang so that they aren't taken to any of those horrific experiments aka "surgeries" the doctors put patients through or from being taken away via human trafficking. Though, he at first failed at protecting Chuckles, Gill also failed at protecting Peach one day. This short is about what happened. This takes place about a few months before the events of "Finding Nemo". This was kinda inspired by "Dental Tools" by RockDiva on Fanfiction.net. I highly recommend it! It's really good! X3 (Link: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/6461126/1/Dental-Tools)

Also, this story contains some dark themes and cussing so this deserves the semi PG-13 rating.

Hopefully you enjoy.

It was a typical day in the lab. Bloat and Gurgle arguing, Bubbles frantically messing with his pack of bubble solution, Deb debating with her "sister", Flo, Jacques and Peach exchanging some casual conversation in French, and Gill longing to escape. He's tried so desperately to get everyone out. Ever since he's met these people, he felt obligated to give them, and all the other patients that are still alive, the freedom and justice they so rightly deserve. He wishes for him and his friends to leave this evil hell hole, and just unwind in being independent, while also staying together.

The experience the gang has had in the lab wasn't exactly the best. They would've rather been thrown in prison. Basically, this human experiment/human trafficking laboratory's goal is to either sell organs, DNA, and other human substance at some black market, or sell innocent human beings to some sick people who wish to treat them as their slaves. So naturally the patients placed here would be put through torturous surgeries or just taken away from their families to be used.

Most of the time, patients lose limbs, organs, or anything else these sick people needed from them. Only a quarter come out alive. Obviously, the lab isn't well known under the public eye, thanks to this building being an abandoned hospital, and unsuspecting passbyers thinking that it's a regular functioning emergency hospital. Once Gill and the rest break out, he wants to try to file a lawsuit against the lab and put Dr. Sherman and his daughter, Darla in prison for good. Even then, prison wouldn't be a justified punishment because it was certainly less torturous than if you were a patient in the lab.

Gill was contemplating about escape plans as usual when Peach came up behind him and wrapped her arms around his neck. Gill, distracted from his thoughts, kissed Peach's cheek. "Heya, peaches." "Hey, are you alright? You seemed deep in thought." Gill turned his attention back over to Dr. Sherman, who was operating on a patient through the window. "I really don't know how we're gonna be able to pull off a lawsuit against this place. Will they even believe us?" Peach sighed. She knew when Gill was acting like this, doubtful and unsure. She stepped in and assured him the best she could. "Definitely. For one thing, we got enough evidence through the experience here. Plus, we got Nigel, who's a military inspector of this place. If he told the court the truth about what Sherman's been doing to us and loads of other patients, they'd have no choice but to believe us." Gill gave her a slight grin. She did have a point. There should be nothing to worry about. Even though he was still a bit doubtful, he could only hope.

"Yeah, I guess so. We should all just probably focus on the big task at hand. An escape plan." "You mean an escape plan that actually works?" Peach teased, making him chuckle and kiss her forehead. "Seriously though, hopefully you have a plan that'll benefit us." She added. "Don't worry, I just have to strategize better." "Hm." Peach glanced towards the others, frowning. Gill noticed and set a hand on her shoulder. "You okay?" It took her a moment before she responded. "Do you think we'll all still be together once we escape?" Gill grinned, gripping Peach's hand. "Of course we will. I promise you. We work together, remember?" Peach smiled back at him, kissing his cheek.