Finding Jazzie

-2- 

Finding Jazzie 

        Dezmond stood up and rushed towards Nikki. He grabbed her by the waist, so she couldn't try to harm the quirky girl sitting on his bed. Nikki was man-handling him, while he kept trying to get her under control. She was trying to go around him, but he wasn't having that. 

        "You need to chill out," he said, trying to control her flailing arms 

        "What are you doing kissing another chick in your room?" she asked, pushing the side of his head. 

        Dezmond wrapped his hands around both of her wrists and brought them to his chest. "Are we together? You broke up with me, remember?" 

        "I should go," said the girl, whose name he still didn't know. 

        "Yeah, you should," Nikki replied, sneering at his guest. 

        Dezmond glared at Nikki and said, "No you're the one who needs to bounce. I'm not in the mood for your childish ass games." 

        "You're the one being childish, trying to make me jealous." Dezmond noticed her lip quiver and her eyes tear up. 

        He sighed. "Can you just go back downstairs? We'll talk later, okay?" He had no plans of talking to her later. All that needed to be said had been said when they called it quits over the summer. He only told her that to try and diffuse the situation. 

        A look of annoyance spread across Nikki's face. She knew how to play her emotions just right to manipulate Dezmond. And he knew this about her. He wasn't trying to fall into her manipulations again. That was one of the reasons why he had taken her back so many times before. 

        "Fine, I will. There's plenty of guys vying for my attention downstairs anyway. I'm too pretty for all this," she replied, flicking her hand in his face. 

        Dezmond sighed out of relief, as he watched her storm out of his room. She slammed the door leaving him alone with the petite girl, who was looking at him with a curious tinge in her eyes. 

        "Are you okay?" he asked, inspecting her face. Even though Nikki didn't lay one hand on her, he still wanted to know how she was doing after what she had just seen. For some odd reason, he felt the need to protect her, though he barely knew her. 

        She smiled. "Yeah, I'm good. Are you okay?" 

        He nodded at her question. "She's taking the break-up hard." 

        "And you're not?" 

        "No, I'm tired of the roller coaster ride called our relationship. I've been over it for a while now." 

        She nodded. "That's understandable." 

        Dezmond stared at her and thought about the kiss that happened earlier. He had to admit that she was a good kisser. Though kissing her like that was not the gentlemanly thing to do. He felt the need to apologize for his actions. 

        He cleared his throat. "About the kiss...I'm sorry for doing that." 

        "It's okay," she replied. He couldn't help but detect a hint of disappointment in her voice. He hoped she didn't think that he didn't like kissing her because that was the furthest thing from the truth. He couldn't just come out and tell her that he liked the french kiss. It was too embarrassing for him to do.