Radio Confession

-4- 

Radio Confession 

        Drama. Drama. Drama. 

        The argument between Kayla, Terrence, and Maria was getting out of hand. People gathered around the trio, trying to see as much action as they could. It seemed as if everyone was waiting for a catfight between the two girls. That wasn't what Jazzie wanted. She wanted her best friend to calm down and leave with her. It seemed Kayla had other plans, as she continued to bicker back and forth between Terrence and Maria. 

        "Kayla, let's go," Jazzie said, pulling Kayla by her forearm. 

        Kayla yanked her arm free and carried forward with her displeasure of Terrence's actions. Jazzie didn't know what else to do. She was pretty sure someone had probably called one of the security guards to get the situation under control. 

        Jazzie positioned herself in front of Kayla. "Kayla, if you don't stop arguing and causing a scene, you and I are going to have some problems." 

        Kayla glared at Jazzie until she finally gave in and let Jazzie drag her towards one exit in the mall, closest to where they parked. She rushed ahead of Jazzie, stomping her feet against the pavement. Jazzie sighed, knowing that Kayla was going to be upset the whole day now. 

        Kayla paced the parking lot, as she called Terrence every curse word she could think of. "I can't believe he played me like that," she stated, with tears pooling in her eyes. 

        Jazzie couldn't believe it either. There had to be a reason why he had shown up with that girl. Terrence was one of the good guys at her school. She would've never thought he would do something like this to Kayla. He seemed so honest and caring towards her. 

        "You should've let me beat him down and the hoe he was with," Kayla stated, cracking her knuckles like she was preparing for a fight. 

        "Well, you and I both would've ended up in Juvie. 'Cause you know if you're fighting, I'm throwin' down too," Jazzie replied, with a slight grin. 

        "Thanks, for making me feel a little better." Kayla grinned and gave Jazzie a bear hug, almost cutting of Jazzie's circulation. 

        "I can't breathe," Jazzie said. 

        "Sorry." Kayla released her firm grip and stepped back a few inches. She kept her arm wrapped around Jazzie's shoulder, as they walked further towards Jazzie's lemon-colored Nissan. 

        "Forget about Terrence. Let's pig out on some junk food," Jazzie said. 

        Kayla nodded. "You're right. Let's get some ice cream first." 

                                                                        *** 

        They got into Jazzie's car and buckled up. Jazzie pulled out of the parking lot onto the busy highway. She was headed towards the closest grocery store by her house. In the car, Jazzie made sure not to bring up Terrence or anything concerning him. It was hard for Kayla to keep her mind off him when he kept calling and sending text messages every twenty seconds. Eventually, she put her phone on silent. Still, neither of them mentioned Terrence or what had happened at the mall. 

        Once they got their snacks from the store, they decided to go to Jazzie's house and watch some movies and some reality TV shows. Kayla decided to spend the night, so she could help Jazzie prepare for her date with Dezmond.