02

You weren’t sure of how long you had been like that, arms wrapped around each other and lazily kissing between moments of silence. So much happened all at once in the next few seconds:

Another knock came at the door, and you couldn’t help the screech that came from your lips right before you rolled off the tiny bed and onto the floor with a thunk. The door was thrown open, a worried Jungwoo coming storming in as Jeno was leaning over you with concern.

“What—” Jungwoo’s strong surprise trailed off into sputters, “Y/N, hi. I didn’t know you were over.”

Clutching your elbow that you had smacked onto the floor, you slowly stood up, your boyfriend following your lead. Your cheeks were flushing as you faced your brother, fully aware of how awkward and uncomfortable the next few minutes would be.

Jungwoo finally managed to ask one full question, “Were you under the bed?”

“When you came by earlier? No, I was in the closet,” you answered quietly, gesturing over as you did.

“Oh, I see.”

He was quiet, and Jeno decided to speak up again, “Are you mad, hyung?”

Jungwoo’s gaze snapped up to his member, and to your surprise he didn’t seem upset at all, “Why would I be mad that you guys are hanging out? I know Y/N’s friends with you, Jeno. I just don’t know why you hid her in your closet and then lied about jerking off.”

Your eyes widened when you realized that he didn’t quite grasp the situation, “Jungwoo, we’re not friends.”

“Best friends?”

“No, we’re…” you tried to encourage him closer to the answer, but the confusion only grew on his face.

“Playing hide and seek? Is that why you were in the closet? Playing hide and seek in a room this small, and only with two people seems a little boring—”

“No, Jungwoo! Jeno and I are dating!” You finally exploded, expecting really any kind of reaction from him except for the one he gave.

His confused façade broke down gradually, turning into giggles and snickers before becoming full-blown laughter.

Your brother had a mischievous grin across his face, still laughing as Jeno became confused.
“Hyung, you—”

“You knew,” you firmly declared, glaring at your brother as he sobered up from his laughing fit.

Jungwoo confirmed, “For six months.”

“Uh… we’ve only been dating for five months,” Jeno informed him quietly, catching Jungwoo off-guard.

“Then why did you have her picture as your homesc—”

“Ah!” Jeno yelled in an attempt to get him to stop exposing him, but you already knew what he was going to say.

With a grin as mischievous as your brother’s, you turned to your boyfriend, “You had my picture as your homescreen a month before we started dating?”

“You two are the worst!” He screeched in frustration, and you stepped forward to wrap your arms around him.

“It’s kind of cute, Jeno.”

Jeno groaned, but nonetheless returned your hug, resting his chin on your shoulder.

“Alright, my work here is done,” Jungwoo interjected, moving the leave the room. “But you two are keeping the door open.”

Both you and Jeno made noises of agreement, and your brother gave you a final thumbs-up before exiting. Jeno lifted his head off your shoulder, pecking your temple, “That’s a relief.”

“Yeah, and enough stress to last me the rest of the year,” you confirmed, sealing his lips with yours.