Part 4

Once everyone is huddled inside the doom, still in their groups, a platform rises from a smaller, lifted dome in the middle of the large room with well over four thousand people in each communities. A middle aged man stands on the platform, standing tall and proud. His dark brown hair is slicked back, and his face coated with a heavy stubble, shaved into a peculiar design. He taps the tip of his finger on the small mic that clings to the collar of his vest. The thumps on the mic echo through the room, silencing everyone. The man begins to speak.
"Welcome... to the 3025 annual Massacre!" His voice is deep, strong, and demanding. A ripple of applause runs through the crowd. "Thirty-five years ago today was the very first Massacre games. Every year has been the same game, but this time, we're switching up the rules. There are nearly two million people living in our communities. Men, woman, we need that number to go down below five hundred thousand!" The platform lowers and he slowly walks along the small dome, his hands clasped behind his straightened spine. "For this year's games, there are no limits on the number of kills! But there is a twist. If anyone standing here has zero kills by the end of the Massacre, you will be terminated!" Gasps splash across the room. Flint nudges Lark.
"Say goodbye to Peacekeeper over there," he nods his head back at Gideon. The man continues.
"The rules of the games will be of the following! There will not be guns; blades, bows, and other killing supplies will be given. Like every year, the one with the most kills by the end of the week will receive a permanent placement here in The House. This time we will have two winners!" Lark smiles over at Flint.
"You and me, buddy." The corner of Flint's mouth quirks up.
"Everyone is up for killing including anyone behind a shop counter. There may be alliances amongst your communities and you may kill them to insure your spot in The House. There are no limits. Your numbers will be changed for the game." Many people look down to their numbers tattooed on their arms. "If you find someone and purposely let them go, you will be terminated in their place. And finally... Have fun. Everyone head towards your communities doorways. You will get a shower, medical attention, and anything else you need before grabbing your weapons of choice." He pauses and holds his hands in front of him, closing them together. "Seekers... They are ready when you are. Good luck!" The people turn and slowly make their ways to their communities doors on the large dome walls.