Chapter 9: The Day of the Dance! An Unknown Attacker at the CCT Tower

(A/N: Well, hello my fellow readers and followers. Here is chapter 9 of this story and by the title of this chapter you should know what's going to happen in this chapter,

Now with that said, let the reading begin.)

(Y/N) P.O.V

"(Y/N) is in his dorm as he is putting in his tuxedo and he looks in the mirror as he sees how it looks on him and he nods as he fixes his tie, he goes to walk out the dorm and before he does he looks on a desk as he grabs a rose he bought as he is gonna give it to Ruby as he smiles. He walks out as he heads to where the dance is, as he does Cy is seen heading there as he checks his tie and he notices him.....................
Cy: "Oh hey (Y/N), I see you made it as well. Nice tux."
(Y/N): "Thanks. Yang and Ruby are probably there, so maybe we shouldn't keep them waiting."
Cy: "I hear that. Let's go."
......................they continue walking as they arrive, they walk in as they see Yang standing there in a white dress as she looks at them....................
Yang: "Well hello, look at you two."
Cy: "Not just us, you look beautiful Yang."
Yang: *giggles* "Thanks."
(Y/N): "So Yang, where's Ruby?"
Yang: "She's over there at the punch bowl, I can tell she's been waiting for you. Go get her buddy."
(Y/N): "Thanks."
......................he walks towards her, he holds the rose in his hand as he hides it so Ruby won't see it. He walks up to her and he sees her wearing a red dress, he taps her shoulder as she looked at him....................
Ruby: "Oh (Y/N), you made it."
(Y/N): "Hey didn't want to miss out on this. You look beautiful Ruby."
Ruby: *blushes* "Th-Thank you. And you look amazing."
(Y/N): "Thank you. *gives her the rose* I got you this Ruby."
Ruby: "(Y/N) it's *takes the rose* beautiful. You shouldn't have to, but thank you."
......................he smiles at her as she does, then as they watch everyone dance. (Y/N) looks at Ruby as she smells the rose and she smiles and he extends his hand to her...................
(Y/N): "Hey Ruby, *she looks at him* would you like to dance?"
Ruby: "O-Okay, but I don't know how to dance."
(Y/N): "Don't worry, I'll teach you."
......................he extends his hand to her as she is nervous, bit she takes his hand as they both walk on the dance floor as they started dancing. (Y/N) can tell Ruby was nervous, but she started getting used to it as she danced perfectly. Then they decided to take a rest as they are up on a balcony watching everyone dance as (Y/N) stands beside her......................
(Y/N): "You know, Yang did a good job with everything."
Ruby: "Yeah. Her and Weiss did a good job, ever since CFVY went on a mission they both were asked by Coco and Velvet to work on this."
Yang: "Yeah, but I made sure everything was perfect." *sighs*
(Y/N): "What's the matter Yang?"
Yang: "Tomorrow it's back to work."
Ruby: "Well, I'm sure we can handle whatever throws at us. *hears everyone laughing, looks at what they're laughing at* Except for that."
......................(Y/N) looks as he sees Jaune wearing a dress, he tried to hold it in and he couldn't as he started laughing.....................
(Y/N): "What the heck? Really Jaune?"

Ruby P.O.V

......................Ruby looks at him as he laughed, she is surprised to finally hear him laughing for the first time since he never did it before.....................
Ruby: "Wow, he actually laughed."
Yang: "Is there something weird about that?"
Ruby: "It's just I never seen him laugh before, this is the first time. It's kinda cool seeing him laugh."
Yang: "Yeah. It really is."

3rd P.O.V

Cy: *walks up to Yang* "So Yang, *she looks at him* would you like to watch these people dance or would you like to dance with me?"
Yang: *giggles* "I would love to. Let's go."
......................they walk to the dance floor as they started dancing together along with everyone, then Mercury and Emrald watches on....................
Emerald: "It appears all the dancers have partners."
Cinder 'on comms': "How long do I have?"
Mercury: "We should probably be home by midnight, to be safe."
Cinder: "I'll keep my eye on the clock."
......................unbeknownst to them (Y/N) secretly overhead them as he walks outside, he sees Ruby does as well and they both see someone running on the rooftop as it is confirmed to be Cinder in disguise. (Y/N) smirks as he ran to where she's headed as Ruby followed her. Cinder arrived at the CCT tower as she kills the guards and she enter the room holding a scroll....................
Cinder: "Hm, that's handy."
......................she walks in as she goes to the main console, she goes to put in a sub chip. But, a hand appears interrupting her as she looks at (Y/N).....................
(Y/N): "Bad timing?"
......................she jumps away from him as she gets in defensive stance and he gets in fighting stance. They started fighting as she attacks him, but he dodges them perfectly as they fight, he knees her in the gut making her stagger back and they continue fighting as Cinder's outfit glows and she equips her weapons as (Y/N) does his as well as he converts it to sword mode as he looked at her in the eyes. They fight each other as he easily dodged them and he cuts her leg as she yells in pain as Emerald heard it......................
Emerald: "Cinder what's wrong?"
......................he kicks her back as she dropped the flash drive and he walks up to her, but looks at the flash drive and steps on it breaking it, she gets angry as he did that and rushed at him doing a circular motion with her swords as he does the same blocking the attacks. She saw his eyes and she jumps back as she started remembering something.....................
Cinder: (It couldn't be.)
(Y/N): "What? Too scared to fight now?"
......................the elevator is heard as the doors open to reveal Ruby, she looks to see (Y/N) fighting Cinder.....................
Ruby: "(Y/N)!"
(Y/N): *looks at her* "Ruby?"
......................Cinder's eyes widen hearing his name as she was in denial, Ruby rushed at Cinder as they fight and she jumps back and pulls out three arrows as she points them at Ruby, (Y/N) shoots three crossbow bolts at her as it broke the arrows and he jumps to her and kicks her in the face as she crashed in the ground. She looked up at him as he walks to her......................
Emerald 'on comms': "Cinder, we got a problem. Ironwood is leaving."
......................her eyes widen as she does a fire attack and throws it at him, but he easily catches it and it doesn't burn him as he absorbs it and her smirks at her. But, when she looked in his eyes again it was all hate to her as she gets nervous, Ruby takes the advantage as she kicks her and she rolls away. The elevator is heard arriving, they look and Ironwood walks in as he looks at them, Cinder disappears as they look back and (Y/N) growls as she got away. She ran in quickly changing out her outfit and into her dress while Atlas soldiers ran behind her. They ran in and they looked around to see she isn't there, she ran to Mercury and Emerald holding her leg where she got cut.......................
Emerald: "What happened?"
Cinder: "Someone was there before me, and ruined everything."
Mercury: "Who?"
Cinder: "One of the new kids, and the girl from Team RWBY."
Emerald: "What guy?"
Cinder: "The one who's with the 5 team."
Emerald: *looks at her shocked* "Him? That jerk?"
Cinder: "What's wrong?"
Emerald: "He somehow knew I was gonna steal his wallet and he gave me a paper says 'Nice try' on it, he's got some nerve."
Cinder: "It's worse than that, he destroyed the flash drive with what I tried to do."
Mercury: *looks at her shocked* "What? Great, the plan is ruined now."
Cinder: (It couldn't be, that was years ago and he couldn't-.)
Emerald: "Something wrong Cinder?"
Cinder: "Huh? It's nothing."
......................Cinder kept thinking about her past as she danced with Mercury, but she kept thinking about him as she starts thinking all night."

To be continued..................

(A/N: Well, that's the end of this chapter. If you enjoyed this let me know and with that said, see y'all next time.)