Chapter Two | Hiding |

As Blixa was going to the right hallway, he paused. He almost forgot about the locked door he came across before. Quickly, he turned on his heels and went to the door, pulling out one of the keys he had. Crystaya followed.

He tried the first key, to no avail. Then, he tried the next key. A click was heard, signifying that the door had been unlocked. Blixa took the key out and stuck it in his pocket, slowly gripping the door knob and opening it.

Peeking inside, he quickly made sure nothing was inside. As he was doing so, Crystaya nervously stared down the hall, expecting something to suddenly pop out.

Blixa finally entered the room. Yet again, it was almost identical to the other rooms, except this time there was a large vent in the top right corner. It was large enough to climb into. He turned to Crystaya and hesitated, before gently tapping her shoulder. Her head snapped in his direction, startled.

"Sorry...but you might want to come inside. Just to be safe, you know..?" Blixa suggested quietly. Crystaya nodded in agreement, stepping inside and closing the door behind her. Now the room was almost pitch black.

Blixa quickly searched through the left side, not finding anything of importance. He glanced over in Crystaya's direction, seeing that she was doing the same on the other side. However, he flinched when the sound of a bucket being kicked sounded in the room.

He instantly knew they had to hide. Being loud in this place was not a good idea. Quickly, he walked over to Crystaya, who looked towards him apologetically.

"We have to hide," Blixa whispered in a rushed manner. "Those...things...seem to have really good hearing."

Crystaya's magenta eyes widened in fear, as she regretted her accidental action. Blixa's ear twitched as he heard the faint sound of something being dragged.

"There's a vent over there," he gestured to an area behind Crystaya. "Come on."

Blixa rushed over to the wall behind her, feeling around for the vent. When he touched the edge, he quickly pulled himself up into it with ease. Though it was large, it was still quite high, so Crystaya was having trouble. She began to panic as the dragging got louder, placing her notebook inside the vent.

When Blixa realized she couldn't get up on her own, he held out his arms for her. She gripped onto them, pulling herself up as much as she could as Blixa tugged her up. As soon as her feet got over the edge, the door slowly opened. A creature was laying on the floor, its sharp fingers holding onto it.

Crystaya was very close to the edge of the vent, holding her notebook to her chest. She would be seen. Blixa pulled her further back into the vent, surprising her. The action, however, was very loud, and the creature's head turned to look in their direction. It had glowing, white pinpricks for eyes and a terrifyingly wide smile. Its body was thin, similar to the last monster, instead its legs were missing altogether. Crystaya began to tremble out of fear.

Shit, Blixa cursed. It dragged itself over to them, using its lanky arms, staring with its tiny eyes. Thinking quickly, Blixa shoved his hand into his pocket, grabbing the key he used before and chucking it out the vent. Although he aimed for the hallway, the metal object hit the door loudly. The creature stopped and looked over, instead choosing to investigate the sound.

"Let's go," Blixa whispered to Crystaya, almost inaudible. Luckily, Crystaya was still able to hear due to the close proximity.

The boy started to crawl down the vent as quietly as he could. He hoped the key would keep the monster occupied. Crystaya followed close behind, trying not to crush Blixa's long pink tail that waved behind him. She held her notebook in her mouth.