Chapter's 23

Zack's pov:

The longer we rode to what I'm guessing is Alex's house, the more my anxiety grew.

"Drive faster! We need to get to Alex!" I stressed to Melissa.

"Stop freaking out and calm down. We're almost there." she said over her shoulder.

Well that did nothing to calm my nerves. Why didn't Alex tell me that he was dying at the party? If he did, I would be kissing him and be wrapped up in his arms right now if he did. I would've saved him earlier.

'You don't need him remember? You don't care about him right?' my conscience sneered.

God I'm an idiot. I do need him. I do care about him. I love him so much. All that useless and stupid fear and anger was tearing us up inside. Especially him.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even notice that we stopped.

"Zack? What are you doing? Go get him tiger!" Melissa said.

I yanked my helmet off and hopped off the motorcycle. I looked up at his house and stared at it in awe. Forget what I said about house. This beauty is a mansion.

"Stop staring and get in there before I drag your ass in myself. " Melissa growled.

I snapped out of it and shook my head. I set the helmet on my seat then jogged to the porch. I took a deep breathe before knocking on the door. I was disappointed when Nate opened the door.

"Zack? What are you doing? How did you even get here?" he asked.

"Doesn't matter. Where's Alex?" I blurted out.

He looked even more confused before shrugging and opening the door more. I immediately stepped inside before turning back to Nate.

"Alex?" I reminded him impatiently.

"Oh right. Upstairs then turn right down the hall. It's the last door in the center of the wall at the end of the hallway. You shouldn't miss it since it'll be the first thing you see." he said.

I rushed up the stairs that were located behind him and turned right down the hall. Nate was right as I quickly spotted a big, black door at the end of the hall.

Still rushing, I quickly got to the door. I swallowed my fear and timidly knocked on the door.

"Go away Nate. I already told you I just need some rest and I'll be fine. I'm not dead yet." I heard Alex groaned through the door.

I winced at the word dead and guilt consumed me. It's my fault he's dying.

"A-Alex? It's Z-Zack." I stuttered.

I gasped and jumped back as the door suddenly slammed open. Alex appeared with nothing on but some tight boxers. My eyes drank in his delicious body in appreciate until I heard a cough. My eyes snapped up to his and I blushed as I saw lust and desire swimming in his eyes.

I gulped though as he eyes rid themselves of those emotions and replaced them with anger and betrayal.

"What do you want Zack?" he growled as his eyes narrowed into slits.

I found myself wincing again but I managed to muster up a bit of courage before muttering this next word.

"You."

I squeaked as I was grabbed and yanked into his naked chest. I bit my lip to hold back a moan as his heat seeped through my shirt and warmed my body.

I felt his fingers gently tug my lip from my teeth before grabbing my chin and tilted my head up. I almost melted in his intense gaze and the look of confusion and hope on his face.