Chapter 8: Walks and Suggestions

The sound of someone knocking on the door wakes me up from my peaceful sleep. I guess I must've fallen asleep on the couch. After the conversation I had with both Dean and Vivian, I felt like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. They made me realize I will always belong here, no matter whatever drama is going on in my life.

"Hello?" I hear Dean say behind me as he opens the door.

"Is she here?" I can hear Nathan's voice emerge from outside.

By the time Dean turns towards the couch I'm long gone. I literally bolted out of the living room and into my room. I know it's childish to avoid him but I can't help it. I knew I was going to face him soon but I just woke up and I'm nowhere near ready.

Once in my room I brush my hair, wash my face and teeth, and change into light blue jean shorts, a white V-neck t-shirt, and an oversized green cardigan. I paired the whole outfit with white low top converse. My outfit doesn't look too bad considering the amount of time I had to put it together.

I want to give myself a pat on the back to congratulate myself on my newfound skill but a knock on the door startles me, once again.

"Lark are you in there?" I can hear Dean say from the other side of the door.

Instead of facing things like a normal adult, I open the window in my room and mentally prepare myself to jump out.

"I'm coming inside now"

Shit.

I swing one leg over the window sill, but the sight of the drop makes me more nervous than I thought it would. I would say I'm about eight to nine feet off of the ground. I go to swing the other leg over the window sill, but a tight grip on my shoulder and arm pulls me back into the room.

"Are you insane?!" Dean yells at me as he pulls me off of the windowsill.

"Define insane for you because I think we have different definitions of that word"

Dean sits down on the bed as he rubs his face with his hands. "It's too early for this."

"You're absolutely right" I say as I sit next to him on the bed. "Which is why you should go back out there and tell him I'll go talk to him later"

"Lark I'm not doing that." Dean says shutting down my idea immediately. "Nathan looks tired and to me it looks like he waited to come here this morning. I know you and based on past experiences, you're going to try to do what you think is best for him. But if he's here right now is because he wants to know. The worst thing you can do to him is lie about something like this. Lying about your feelings is one thing, but lying about something like this is way different."

After Dean's little speech he gets up and leaves me alone in my room. After a little thought I realize Dean was right, I was insane to try to jump out of the window.

I walk into the living room to see Nathan sitting there patiently.

"Nathan" I say softly and he immediately gets up and turns to look at me. "Do you wanna go for a walk?"

He nods his head yes and follows me outside. The sky is blue and clear of clouds. The sun shines brightly and although it's hot, a cool breeze blows through making it feel almost...perfect. We walk in silence which is a bit awkward, but not surprising considering the circumstances. I walk with my hands folded in front of me, not sure what else to do with them. Glancing to the side I see Nathan who staring down the street. His tan skin seems to glow under the sun and his dark brown hair is the perfect kind of messy. He does seem tired like Dean mentioned, but he still looks beautiful-

I quickly turn around and focus on what's ahead of me. Dean really was right. I'm definitely going insane. I mentally kick myself for thinking of that instead of focusing on the reason as to why we're on this walk to begin with.