part 30

PART 30
“ISOKENE”
(STOP MY WIFE FROM SMILING)
©Opeyemi Ojerinde Akintunde

“She is what?” I asked the doctor very confused… the doctor was telling me, Gold was pregnant, I felt my world was crashing, the past three months had been fantastic, we were living like a happy family, though it was three instead of two.

I had fought some battles and won….

Part of the battles I had won was Margaret’s step mother had confessed to witchcraft….

Let’s rewind a bit……let me take it slow and steady before talking about Gold’s Pregnancy.

After Margaret had her baby, her step mother officially started living with us in the name of trying to take care of the Baby and Margaret but one day the maid, Idara said something very strange while we were cooking…

“Mummy, Diamond would have died if not for you ma, honestly you are strange ma.. I give it to you that you are a genuine Christian, you love and pray for your enemies”

I was confused….

“Mummy, I am a witch” She said smiling

The knife in my hand fell…

“Not to worry ma, I can’t hurt you, you have fire all over you…but the love in your heart  has won my heart and I am willing to help you, even though I know I will get whipped at the next witches meeting for doing this, but if only there was much love like yours in the world, evil won’t prosper this much….” Idara said as she continued chopping the onions

“You are a witch?’ I asked again

“Yes, I got initiated by my grandmother, and I have been in it for 12 years, so I know my way around” She said boastfully like being a witch was a good thing...

“But you can be saved” I said trying to help this girl out of her ignorance

“Saved? I am far from salvation, Ma do you know how many human blood I have drank, I have done a lot of evils” She said and I could sense a little bit of regret in her voice

“But you didn’t do it intentionally, you were initiated…Idara, do you know that God is a Merciful God, in the old testament, God instructed the isrealites to build cities of refuge where people who unintentionally killed people could hide and not get punished for murdering people but Now, we are in the new testament era, where Jesus Christ is our refuge, Idara, you can get refuge in Christ Jesus, you can see him as your city of refuge and he will keep you from getting punished for your witchcraft killing which you did under witchcraft influence, all you need to do is to genuinely give your life to Christ , and locate a real deliverance church for your total deliverance”

“I could die” She said

“Not if you hide in Jesus, our city of refuge…” I said

“hmm…mummy, this is exactly why I want to help you, you have too much love in your heart”She said

“You see Ma,  Margaret is not the enemy, her step mother is the one manipulating her, Margaret is like a tied goat in the hands of her step mother, who gives her food, yet ties her down.
The Step mother was the one who killed her first husband, and pushed her into this error of being a second wife. She is hell bent on making Margaret’s life hell… For days, she has been trying to kill the baby, she even asked for my help ..but the fire you have put around that boy is too much… I have been surprised at how much you pray for your rival’s son”

“Wow…Now I see why God told me to pray for Margaret” I murmured under my breath

“What did you say ma?” Idara asked