Star-crossed lovers

We were standing in the rain on the corner of 2nd and Main. I yelled through my tears with a shaky voice to the figure walking away from me, "If I could, I would kiss away all of your scars!" He turned back to me with tear streaked cheeks and said, "You don't mean that. You don't want to half to deal with all of this broken. I don't want to put you through this." I reached out to my lover and spoke softly to him, "Take my hand." He turned away yet again and through gritted teeth said, "No. I can't." I started bawling again and scream, "Look at me," he turned to me again crying, I continued in a softer voice, "I'm not trying to ask you to marry me. I'm trying to save you from yourself." I stood there with my hand still out streatched for him. I'm shaking with my head bowed, crying. I waited. He didn't come. I looked up and walked towards my lover. I got to him and whispered, "Please. I need you more than you know." He gave in. He hugged me and we flew into the midnight sky. His black wings unfurling beautifully. My white ones opening elegantly. We danced through the sky until the stars met our wings. Intertwined, we let go. We became one with the stars. Looking down to the moonlit lake one last time, we became the star-crossed lovers of the universe. We accepted the fate we drew forth. Holding each other forever. We really would be together forever now, knowing that love simply has no bounds, for a demon and an angel can fall in love.

281 words

I hoped you liked my first story!