~Twelve~

{Possible trigger warnings: mention of weapons, swearing, Remus is around so sh*t gets weird (he pops his head off, I think that's the only main weird thing)

If I miss something, I apologize and please let me know}

"What on earth did you get yourself into?" Patton asked as he took hold of Roman's arm gently. The werewolf gritted his teeth, hissing in pain.

"I know, I know, but I have to fix your shoulder. What were you doing?"

"Your pops introduced me to the legal fighting ring." Roman grunted as Patton handed him a small knife with a leather wrapped handle to bite down on. "Logan and I got carried away."

Patton shook his head. "He was showing you that move, wasn't he?"

"I just want to know why I can't get it-"

"Roman put that knife in your mouth now."

Roman groaned and bit down on the handle of the knife. Patton wrenched his arm to put his shoulder back in place.

"You can't get it because Logan cheats." Patton told him as he walked over to his medkit. "Stay there, I'm going to bandage up that scratch on your cheek while you're here."

"What do you mean Logan cheats?" Roman huffed as the healer dug through the little bag and brought something over.

"Well to go toy-size he has to send himself into this little pocket dimension - it's hard to explain, but ask him at some point - but he can sort of... half send himself into it? And it lets him move really fast." Patton shrugged, gently applying a sweet-smelling gel substance to the side of Roman's face. "He could show you a thousand times and you'd never get it. And he gets away with it because Pops thinks it's funny."

"In my defense," Logan interjected as he entered the infirmary. "I can do it without the little trick. It just makes it a lot easier when I use it."

Roman huffed, crossing his arms and then wincing as his shoulder twinged. "That's so unfair."

"You're completely capable of doing it." Logan waved him off. "It'll just take you longer to learn how."

"Well you could have told me that."

Logan shrugged and sat down on an empty infirmary bed. "I enjoy watching how long it takes for people to figure it out. I assumed you would have caught on sooner."

Roman grumbled under his breath for a few moments, then sat up a little more. "Okay, so will you teach me how to do it for real then?"

"At some point or another. Let's let your shoulder sort itself out a little more first." Logan offered a small smile. Roman nodded quickly.

"Alright boys, out you get." Patton grinned, waving them off. "And remember, fighting stays in the rings or outside the Sanctuary walls."

Roman laughed and got up. "We'll keep it in mind, Patton."

"What do you want to do about JJ?" Logan asked quietly once they'd stepped outside. "He's already working on swaying people towards him."

"I know, Pietos said he's been hanging around them every once in a while." Roman shook his head. "We have to try and do the same thing, somehow. Convince people that if worse comes to worst, they shouldn't side with him."

"Well you've go Virgil and I no matter what." Logan clapped a hand on Roman's shoulder.

"Virgil?"

"He might not like you, but he hates JJ."

"He's more vocal about how much he hates me..." Roman said slowly, thinking. "I want you to talk to him about something."

Logan raised his eyebrows.

"JJ is not the kind of person to draw the line at a species nemesis." Roman scrunched his face up. There had to be a way to get someone on the inside and he had an idea. "I don't want the others to see me talking to Virgil, since it'll ruin the idea, but when JJ approaches him-"

"Are you sure he will?" Logan asked.

"Positive. I'll play up the bickering with the two of us and he's smart, he'll pick up on it. He might even be fully honest with Virgil when he goes to him. Then we have the in we need." 

Logan nodded after a moment, thinking about it. "That's... a decent strategy. So then you'll be getting the others?"

"I'll try. I think we've got Pietos, they don't like JJ much from what I've seen."

"You're friends with Remy and Dee, you should try to talk to them. I'll try and bring it up to Veris, if we can convince her we've got Ivy as well." Logan was ticking things off on his fingers. "Maybe we can get Emile."

"Do you think we can convince Mam or Pops?" Roman chewed on one of his nails absentmindedly.

"Probably not. And we definitely won't get Remus on our side."

"I don't think I want Remus on our side anyway." 

Logan shook his head. "You say that now, but he does a lot of damage when he wants to."

Roman grumbled and nodded after a moment. "I suppose you're right, but I don't really want to try convincing him to do anything. He seems like a massive pain."

"Oh he is. That is completely correct." Logan nodded, adjusting his glasses. "But sometimes massive pain on your side is better than a massive pain somewhere else."

"Fiiiiine." Roman groaned, rubbing his hands over his face. "I'll try to talk to Remus."

"Good luck. I'll look into it and see if I can think of anyone else who we can try to persuade."

Roman sighed as Logan walked away, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Going to hell in a haaaaaandbaskeeeeeeet." He sung to himself.

"Sounds like fun!"

"HOLY F*CK-" Roman gasped, leaping away from the poltergeist that had popped up next to him. He'd begun training himself to react like that so he didn't accidentally start a fight.

Remus popped his head off and bounced it in his hand a couple times. "What's goin' to hell? Hope it's me!"

"Well it might be..." Roman muttered under his breath, then shook his head. "Actually Remus, Logan and I-"

"Logie-wogie, want him to hold me!"

Roman stared at him for a moment, annoyed. "Sure. We think something bad is coming, and we're in need of a good chaos player."

"Say no more, I'm always on call!" Remus cackled and did a backflip away from him. "Just let me know, I've got you covered."

"Somehow that isn't reassuring, but I'll remember it."