Chapter 3: Bolt

""MOM! DAD! LET GO OF ME! MOM!" she yelled as she tried to break free from the grasp of the man holding her back, "please don't hurt them!" she said crying, she was only 10 at the time.

"You care too much for them" and with that he pulled out a knife from his back pocket and cut her mom and dad's throat.

The sound of her parents' bodies hitting the floor was the push she needed to break free from the hold of the man keeping her in place, running out of the building and away from the possible danger of the man that killed her parents. After her small feet hit the soft ground of dirt that was now turning into mud from the storm that was forming above her, it seemed like the storm was getting stronger, soon she was in the woods lightning struck behind her making her turnaround and started walking backwards, only to fall in a hole she didn't see before, while falling she passed out.
Soon she woke up, she was at the bottom of the hole the storm was still going, she heard a bark, she looked over her shoulder to see where the noise came from, but what she saw was nothing you would see in your life. It was a wolf. It was small, more like a pup, but the abnormal thing about it, it was yellow and it had yellow sparks that flowed trough its eyes like a reflection, but it wasn't because there were no lightning strikes around them. And if so they didn't look reddish-yellow. Once Bolt saw the small pup she knew she had to touch it. Less than a second from touching the pup it zapped away startling Bolt so she lost her balance, placing her hand down for support. A sharp pain ran through her right hand as soon as her hand hit the floor, she screamed, tumbling backwards and falling making her sit down on the floor. Quickly looking at her right hand to see what happened and why it hurt so much, when she looked down at her palm, she saw a small tip of a yellow rock poking out of the now large cut in her hand. Looking to where the pup was before she saw a bright but still dim rock sticking out of the ground. The small pup grabbed it and walked up to Bolt as if telling her to take it with a small nod of its head, so she did. As soon as she touched the rock it turned into sparks of lightning that went into her hand where the small rock tip sank in, than again more sparks came out of her hand and made a small dagger. The stone still wanted to show off so the last thing it did was make more lightning come out of her hand and making the blade grow longer. Never seeing this weapon before, but somehow she still knew is was a sword. After admiring the blade, she felt a cool feeling go down her spine. Something was coming and it was not good, as the feeling got worse the storm got harder. Soon everything stopped. Lightning had struck down like it did with her, but this time two men with black suits dropped down from the top of the hole, the men stood up quickly to see Bolt standing there, why wasn't she moving? What is happening to her? Was she freezing up?

Soon nothing was holding her back, her body was moving on its own and she couldn't stop it.

"How am I moving" this sentence went off over and over again.

Her moving body ran towards one of the two men that were standing there, she suddenly zapped into thin a line of electricity re-appearing above the man she was going for first. falling back down to the ground she pulled out her sword and cut his head clean off his shoulders. Blood was gushing out of him, making him look like a fountain you find at the park. The last man pulled out a pistol from his back pocket and pointed it at her ready to fire at any given moment, but as soon as the trigger was pulled back she was gone into a thick line of lightning bolting through him, this caused a deadly amount of electricity to course through his body and kill him in a second. She had re-appeared behind him as he fell to the floor with a giant hole that was still steaming from the lightning, the man was no longer breathing, no heart was pumping blood throughout his body, he was gone, and so was his co-worker.

Once the sound of his body hitting the ground came in to her ear, she could move her body again, with no one else telling her what to do or where to go. after a couple of seconds she starts walking towards the wall to start climbing it, not daring to take a look back at the people she murdered. Once out she looked around to see if anyone else had been sent to follow her and take her back, fortunately she was not being followed by a person but by the small lighting made pup next to her leg. Giving it a soft looking smile that held no emotion before proceeding to walk and find something to tell her where she was.

After an hour or two of walking she found a small gas station and decided she was hungry. She couldn't really tell you how she felt right now, happy? Didn't know. Scared? Didn't know. Sad? Didn't know. She just felt... empty. Looking at the dark clouds that were above her still causing thunder to boom through the air, it was beautiful to her. She looked down at her hand to look over the wound that she thought was still open, but it wasn't. The wound had now turned into a large scare shaped as a lightning bolt on her palm, 'weird' she thought.

She walked towards the station sitting there and walked through the doors looking around to see what they had. Seeing she had no money, the store clerk spoke up.

"Hey, can I help you with something." He asked, he was ignored. "Hey, I'm talking to you." nothing.

She soon saw chips that she really liked and decide to get those and a large bottle of water. After she had gotten her things she walked to the exit and was about to leave when the cashier walked in front of her stopping her from exciting.

"Can I help you?" she asked

"Yeah, you can pay for the things you have there or you can put them back." He responded.

"Ha, cute." she said, and pushed passed him like it was nothing, she moved a man that was almost 6 foot tall while she was only 4 foot herself.

Walking out of the store and making her way to the nearest town or city to find out what to do now with no home, no family, no friends, nothing, all alone, except the dog of course.

"Wait, I haven't named you yet." She said looking down at the small animal at her feet, "I'll call you...snowfire, yeah that sounds nice, snowfire." she said as she looked forward once again walking to whoever knows where.

( edited by: LunaKahrin )
═══════*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══════

Thanks for reading!!

Chapter 1 of the story is Complete!!!

═══════*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══════

word count: 1213