Chapter four: Evangeline

Sneaking out of her bedroom at three in the morning with a bag filled of clothes and food to last her a few weeks, and at least three hundred dollars in there as well. She jumps from her bedroom window into the tree that used to scare her at night when she was young. Hopping down from the tree onto the green grass where she used to play with her brother in the rare times when her parents were home and running in to the streets of her gated community. You're probably wondering, Why leave everything when you have it all? That's not the reason she's leaving. The reason she's leaving is because she is 13 and is now getting married to someone she has never liked or met in her life. Moving on is what she needs to do, and the best way was to run away. She was smart and was already ready for the world that lies ahead of her, or so she thought. With the intelligence that she had, she knew not to run to the city to get away, for that would land with her back in a ugly wedding dress with some 20 year old man. Instead she went to the woods near her community. She had been there before, she went in to find out where she was going to stay for the little time she needed to make a living somewhere else, also to find out what was in the forest and how long it was before she reached the other side let's just say she didn't come home for a few days.

Once she made it in the forest she turned on her flashlight that had a clear piece of tape on it that was colored purple to replace an ultraviolet light for she had marked trees with invisible ink, for when she finally left, she could find her way around. Once she had made it to the farthest part of the forest she looked around in the bushes to find her small temporary home she had built so she wasn't in such a hurry when she had made it.

"Time to sleep and wait for a few days to go anywhere." See whispered to herself as she pulled out a small blanket and pillow so she could lay down and hopefully get some good nights rest, because it was almost 3 in the morning by the time she made it to the spot

Lala Klara was the daughter of the two richest people known to our small but pretty big city, the Klara's. They were and still are, the biggest people in our city. And I know you're probably saying 'why is she running away if everyone knows who she is?' they know her name, but they don't know what she looks like. That's why she changed her name so when someone asks her what her name is they don't know that she is who she is. The Klara's were very closed off, especially with information about their children. But they still let everyone know that their one and only daughter was getting married in a few short weeks with another company's son to close the deal they had made.

Now Lala wakes up from her slumber still not opening her eyes but she could still feel the warmth is the area. 'What is going on? Why is it so hot?' It's the middle of spring it should be a little cold still.' as she opened her eyes she saw red and orange streaks that were moving like crazy, but once her vision cleared she saw the flames that surrounded her. Startled by a ring of fire around her, she jumped up to her feet to find a way to escape. While looking around the circle for what seemed like hours, she decided that taking a break from the burning fire was the best idea so she didn't faint from heat.

She sat down on the grassy floor, she was surprised the fire had not spread throughout the forest yet. As she waited to regain energy she felt something hit her head. Small like a pebble but hard like something was pecking her. She looked up to see a cockatiel. Jumping up and moving away from the small bird that was once resting on her head now flapping its wings so it wouldn't hit the ground too hard.

"Where the hell did you come from?" Lala asked as she looked up to see if it came from there.

That's not really normal, so there is no way for it to come from anywhere else,(but still how did it get there?!) moving on. She stares at it for awhile, until the bird decided that she was a threat and tried to attack her. She moved back to try to get away from the bird seeing as it was pecking her really hard and was really hurting her, but it came to the point she forgot she was surrounded by fire and had no escape. She hadn't noticed the wall of fire had separated to make way for her to walk through. After three more steps, she trips. Falling backwards and putting her hands out to try and catch her fall., that was her mistake. Once her right hand landed it did not only land on the ground, it landed her on a sharp, glowing red rock that was sticking out of the dirt