chapter 5 -- really

Coughing erupted as Jisoo's smoke bombs exploded with a sizzling sound. Jisoo could barely see around the field, due to the fact that she hadn't put on her googles beforehand. How could she have been so careless and forget such an important detail? She ran out of the smoke, finding a nearby bush and going behind it to rummage through her bag for her goggles. She struggled for a bit, groaning out in frustration when she couldn't find them. She looked over the bush, seeing that the smoke was starting to clear up. Well, there was no use in finding them now.

Grabbing the weapon she tended to use the most when the group got jumped, Jisoo took a baseball bat out from the side of her bag ass well as a suck. She placed the sock over the baseball bat, a tactic she had learned from Chaeyoung when she preferred to use baseball bats over switchblades. It was so that if anyone was trying to disarm her, they would have a harder time trying to take it from the tip. She wasn't the best fighter of the group, but she definitely wasn't the worst.

With the baseball bat at her side, Jisoo ran into the fight as the smoke blew away into the sky. It was still bright out, but light grey clouds started to form and cover up the sun. She could feel the atmosphere cool a few degrees, goosebumps starting to form on her skin, even though she was wearing a hoodie. No matter, she could still fight in cold weather. It's what she was training to do these past few years, and her experience would only grow as she fought more and more.

Jisoo found herself behind one of the NCT members, Johnny she believed, though she didn't bother to try and confirm that as he she delivered a kick to his leg, knocking him down to the ground. He let out grunt as he turned around and saw Jisoo about to deliver a strike to his head using the baseball bat she had in her hands. Just in time, he rolled out of the way from the blow, as Jisoo hit the ground. The sock on the tip of the baseball bat dampened the color of brown as she the club had hit the ground.

Turning her head over to Johnny, who had already made his way back up onto his feet. She watched with a focused expression as he started to pull out a switchblade from his pocket. He grinned with a crazy expression she found reminiscent of animes she enjoyed watching, as he aimed his switchblade toward her. Jisoo tensed, lifting her baseball bat and clutching it tightly. She should've gone for a blow to his head first, at least then he would be knocked out for a few minutes before she actually had to deal with him.

Bracing herself, Jisoo watched as Johnny ran up to Jisoo, switchblade ready to slash as soon as he was a reasonable distance near Jisoo. Jisoo only watched. She stood up straight, looking at him as he ran and ran. It was only a few seconds before Johnny made his way up to Jisoo, and then he slashed. He closed his eyes, thrusting the blade as far forward as he could so that he could make sure he inflicted as much pain as possible. But, as he opened his eyes, he saw no one in front of him. For a moment, he was confused as to why Jisoo wasn't there in front of him.

That moment allowed Jisoo to knock him out with the baseball bat she had, as she hit the back of his head with enough pressure to knock him out for a while. She had reacted just in time, and she had to thank Lisa for helping her out with reaction time. The other woman had the sharpest reflexes out of everyone in the group, and was Jisoo's reflex mentor for a while before she was handed off to Chaeyoung for diplomatic lessons. She loved Lisa's lessons the most, since Lisa was always the softest with her when they were alone. Though Lisa could always be cold when she wanted to be.

Jisoo let out a sigh of relief, as she ran up to Lisa to help her out with anything. Along the way, JIsoo had almost gotten into a sub-fight with Taeyong, but was able to get out of it as she instinctively threw a punch at him, as he tried to jump her from the right side. He was dazed for a few seconds, falling to the ground as Jisoo used those few seconds to reach her destination. She let out a grunt, as she ducked an incoming projectile meant for Jay, who had dodged it in time. She was so glad that she actually listened to Lisa ramble on about how to be better at reacting to things. The incoming projectile was a rock that was flying at breakneck speeds. She was sure the rock probably could've knocked her out cold had she been hit by it.