Chapter 1: Trucks have the highest kill count in most media

A buzzing in his pocket drew a young man's attention. He was at a crosswalk, the whirring of engines and the smell of fumes filling the air. He pulled out his phone, and groaned as he looked at the Caller ID.
    He answered the call and put his phone to his ear. "Hey sis..." He said flatly, preparing himself for what she was about to ask him. "John, where are you right now?" She asked him accusingly. He ran his free hand through his jet black, messy hair. "Uh... at the movies." He said cautiously, though that didn't help him at all.
    "You lying little shit! I thought we agreed we'd go see that movie together!" She yelled at him, and John took it acceptingly. "Sorry, but it's been three weeks! The movie isn't even gonna be in theaters soon!"
     "We were going to watch it today! It was supposed to be a surprise." Now, John looked down at his shoes. "Of fucking course I'd break on the day we were going." He muttered quietly.
      "Okay, but hey, you can still watch the movie, and I'll just keep quiet while you watch." By the angry silence, he knew that deal was going to shit already.
      "... I'll buy the snacks..." He accepted his punishment reluctantly, though his sister seemed less pissed by that. "You better. And I'm getting popcorn and hotdogs."
      "The hell you are! You're just getting that because it's the most expensive thing they have!" He yelled at his phone, which caused some passerby to look at him weirdly. "That's the point. See you back home in thirty!" He looked at his phone to see she immediately hung up on him.
       "Fucking hell." He said somberly as he tried to make peace with the eventual emptiness of his wallet. He looked back at the crosswalk sign to see it turn green. He walked over to the other side of the street, when he felt the world slow around him. He was frozen mid-step, and he couldn't move his body. He began to breathe quickly as he tried to calm himself down. He'd felt something that this happen when a kid tried throwing a rock at him. He blocked it, and then the world returned to normal speed. So, what was the rock for this?
        He found he was breathing evenly now that he had something to think about. Then, a thunderous voice exploded within his mind.
       "Ah, I've found you. My new Champion." A pain crawled underneath the skin of John's neck as the voice boomed. "Well, 'its time for you to be dragged here. Become my perfect weapon, and slay humanity." Suddenly, the sounds of modern life came flooding back in. The whirring of engines filled his ears, and exhaust slashed at his lungs. Then, a noise filled his mind with complete terror. A terror that only appeared when you knew what was about to transpire.
      A trucks honk flooded his senses, and he didn't need to turn back to imagine the giant truck zooming at him. Then, he felt the truck crash into him, and he felt more pain than he was ever supposed to feel. He felt as if his entire body was vibrating with the strike the hunk of metal hit him with. The pain brought tears to his eyes, and he felt unconsciousness trying to drag his mind off to darkness. He bolted towards that darkness, to escape the pain. To escape the fear as he felt his body losing life. His cowardice drove him towards the darkness. And that darkness became his cage.
****

When John approached consciousness, he felt no pain. He didn't feel any warmth nor tiredness in his body either. So, when he opened his eyes, he didn't know what he expected to see. But loads of gray stone and black bars were not anywhere on his list. He quickly brought himself upright and to the bars on his apparent cage. The only thing he could see from his cage were more cages in a long hallway. And the other prisoners within. The ones he could see all had skin the color of lava, and obsidian black hair. Their eyes were a dark orange, on the verge of brown. All in all, he didn't need heating to begin to sweat when he had what were the living embodiment of volcanoes.
      When he opened his mouth to try and speak, a pain seared it's way to his brain from his throat. It made his eyes water, but he held back the tears. He then looked closely at the black rods keeping him in the cage. His reflection showed he was wearing some woolen clothes and leather shoes. But what caught his eyes the most was the dark purple sprawling writing on his neck. Just looking at it gave him goosebumps, and he rubbed his hand along his neck. It gave his a bit of pain, but after taking a truck to the spine, he could handle the pain. And it was also rapidly fading, though it was replaced by an itch in the back of his skull.
Suddenly, someone was in front of his cage. She had the same searing red skin and striking black hair as the other prisoners, but the way she carried herself was a sharp contrast. The others were slumped over, eyes staring unendingly at the ground before them, the despair they felt was palpable. She emitted pride and confidence, looking straight ahead just like a predator. She instantly had John's respect.
And a few seconds later, she also had his neck. A ripple had appeared around her that faintly gave of color. Then, afterwards he was pinned against the wall, being chocked out by some random woman he had never met. He really wanted to make a choking joke, but he didn't want to waste valuable oxygen on a dumb joke. And then she looked straight into his eyes, his pupils inseparable from his iris. He began to gasp under her iron grip, and he tried to grab at her wrist to wrench it away. It didn't budge at all. He could feel the bones in his neck begin to give in against her superhuman strength. Saliva began to drip from his mouth as his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he slumped forwards against her hand.
She said nothing as she slowly released her grip on his throat. Then, she blocked against a kick to her side with her forearm. John cursed as his leg was grabbed and he was tossed into the other cell wall. He did his best to protect his skull form the collision, but the scary lava lady got to him first and she slammed him against the wall once more, although this time he could breath. He was all out of smart ideas to use against the Wonder Woman from Hell, so he just leaned against the wall as she looked him over once more.
"Hmm. Deceptive, good reactions, and has a defiant look in his eye. A dagger will be your best chance at survival. Now, sleep." At the mere mention of rest, his entire consciousness caved in and he was asleep in less than a moment.
****