Chapter 2: Ha, you thought there was gonna be an extensive training arc? FOOL

"Alright Azoth, last day of training. Don't fuck it up."
     "Fuck you too, then." Azoth snapped back at the tubby blonde man in front of him. His name was Charles, and his job was to instuct him in all the knowledge in this new world. Including the usage of spells, which Azoth excelled in. It was a good boost to his ego, in preparation for what came after. "What do I have to do, Charlie?" Charles immediately grit his teeth at the nickname. Azoth had always had a talent for knowing the best way to annoy people.
     "Well, how about a spell."
     "That sounds desceptively-"
     "And you also have to explain your thought process behind this new spell." Azoth glared at his teacher. "You sure you're a drop-out, because it seems like you passed at the top of your class in Annoying Teacher 101" Charles flipped him off in response.
"Fine, getting to work." Azoth rubbed his etched neck, which was covered in purple symbols. Apparently they were an ancient dialect only Akku's fellow gods could read. At least, that's what Charles had told him, and he wasn't the most reliable source when it came to high tier magic. Mostly because he was a drop out from a Magical College, and he was the only other human in Akku's Realm. Azoth caught himself. He was bullshitting to get out of work again. Old habits die hard.
Azoth inhaled as he thought of a new spell. "Gather is the first command that every spell uses, to provide a source of power for the spell." Flickers of light flowed before him in the stone room they resided. "Infuse is used to send the mana inside of an object or living organism." He put his hand to his chest and felt the jolt of pure, untapped mana course through his entire body. He hands trembled slightly, as if he were going through an adrenaline rush. "Numb, to nullify all feeling throughout the body." He lost a bit of feeling in his body, but the feeling faded quickly.
"Regenerate, to repair wounds and injuries." Nothing happened for this one, as he was completely uninjured, aside from his tattoo. "And the most important one, React. This will make it so the initial Casting of the spell will be delayed until the original conditions are met." As he said this, he let the spell dissolve, and recast the spell on himself.
"Gather, Infuse, Numb, Regenerate, React, Cast." This time, as he had properly strung the commands together, he wasn't filled with a feeling from the mana-laced words. A sly smirk formed on his face. "I call it 'Delayed Healing'. The proper queue for the 'React' command is whenever the body begins to go into shock."
Charles looked at him, watery blue eyes wide, as he struggled to say anything to his student's makeshift casting. Then, he put his fist to his mouth and cleared his throat. "Well, I think you pass that part of the test. Now it's time for the Pantheon and Races segment."
Azoth sighed and followed Charles to the desks and chairs in the back of the stone room. They usually stand whenever Azoth casts spells, as he finds it easier when he can move freely. Sitting in the wooden chairs, Charles stared at the Demon's Champion.
"Ugh, fine. Um... there are 8 main races with their subspecies." Azoth looked at his teacher, who nodded to tell him to continue. "There are Humans, who are the one of the only races who use the mana found throughout the world for their spells. Their subspecies are... Orcs, who reside in the Southern Desert. Vampires, who roam the Central Plains alongside humans. Dwarves, who live in underground cities near the caverns they mine. Elves, who reside in the Eastern Forests, filled with mist and trees. Sirens, who live in the seas along the coast of the Iron Beach. Beastkin, who have been almost completely enslaved by Humanity. Some have escaped to the Southern Desert. Their subspecies are just anthropomorphic animals with no human traits. Demons, who live in the magical space Akku created." Which Azoth referred to as Hell. "And the eighth one..."
Azoth's mind blanked on the 8th race. Charles just gave him the most judging gaze possible, like he was supposed to know this one more then he should know the others.
"The Gods, Azoth. By Akku, the test has the word 'Pantheon' in it."
"Yeah yeah, gimme a second. The Gods are the 8th and most powerful race. They are beings made completely out of mana, and they only look like the races they're associated with because their races are based off of themselves. There are 7 major gods; one for each species, and several minor deities with lesser influence. Demon Lord Akku, God of Darkness and Illusions. Vampire King Vlad, God of Blood and Healing. Lessane, Elven Goddess of Nature and guider of the dead.  Stet, God of the Seas. Frol, the Dwarven Goddess of Crafts and Artistry. Jesse, Goddess of Fertility and Light. And...."
      Azoth tapped his fingers against the desk. He couldn't remember the last one. He knew it was the Beast-kin's representative deity. And that was the limits of his memory. "That's it?" His voice got slightly higher at the end of the sentence, but Charles ignored it. "Yeah, the last one doesn't really matter. That God has been long dead." Charles reassured him, while Azoth just blinked rapidly.
     ".... What?"
     "Yeah, he's been missing for centuries, long before the war between humans and demons. So, good enough. You pass."
    The door to their room was suddenly slammed open, and Azoth's other teacher stared back at them. Zaku, the Demon who'd choke slammed him against the wall of his cage. Every time she showed up, his hair stood on end. Mostly because she always showed up as soon as his lessons with Charles had ended. Like she was just waiting outside the door for her queue to show up. Zaku's amber gaze landed upon her pupil, and the two of them wordlessly walked out of the room for the last time, leaving a creeped out Charles alone in the stone room.