2. About the Man in The Mirror

Precautions: a lot of negativity.

As the title goes, we will dive deep down into the untold mysteries about the topics in our head and the effects it had onto our personalities. Sounds big, I know, but trust me we won't be doing some deep psychology sh*t—instead, we'll be having some honest conversations about the man in the mirror.

In case you haven't figured it out yet—the man in the mirror is you.

If you haven't notice, my mind speaks a lot. For a girl who doesn't have much to talk, I can be quite chatty—but only in my mind. Like, I'll be having a full-length conversation with people but it will only stay in my head. Weird, I know. But that's just me.

My only place of solitude is the social media that I found myself comfortable in—Twitter, and sometimes Tumblr. I despise Instagram because that is usually where my insecurity will act up and made me feel like throwing up everytime I look into the mirror. Literally. But yeah, I have my passions and the things that I like—which is photography—and that is where Tumblr comes in handy. And Twitter is just the place whenever I needed a good laugh after a shitty day.

So regarding insecurities, let's face it--everyone has it. I bet on my life even a Victoria Secret model has it--and that's okay. It's common, and there's nothing to be ashamed of.

When you have insecurities, it kinda rips apart of your soul and just kind of ruins your mood for the whole day and it sucks, doesn't it? Sometimes I wished I could just gauge my eyes out and go about my day without having the need to worry about whether or not am I looking nice or if my makeup looks great and whatnot but I can't. I can't shut down my thoughts and my curiosity--I can't help it but to look at any reflection on the streets to see how I look and when I did, it breaks my heart into two. That's when my insecurity acts up and my brain will tell me things that are so cruel, but not cruel enough to yell into the mirror. I can become so hateful towards the girl in the mirror that I degraded her so bad and it would affect me for weeks, even months.

That is how bad insecurity can get. You can say hurtful things to the one person who you should've cared for more than anyone else--yourself.

You can't do that, sweethearts. Don't belittle yourself like that, it's not good for you. I get it that sometimes you just wanted to release all these unsatisfactory feelings you've been having about yourself like, "why do I do that?" or "why do I sound like that?" and whatnot but the things is, you only have yourself when everyone leaves you. So if you don't start treating yourself right, then nobody will. You can't expect love to come to you when you don't even love yourself. (corny I know.) But it's true, I've seen what self-love can do to a person and it is incredible.

When you love yourself, nothing can break you. Nothing.

So, to the man in the mirror, I need to start loving you too. And to all of you, love yourself. Please.