Chapter Thirty Four: The Visit

Peter woke with a start. His mouth had ben dry so he gasped loudly and coughed.

"Hey, hey, hunny." He turned his head to where he heard the sweet voice of Aunt May. "Everything's okay! It was just a nightmare."

Peter sighed in relief.

But when he thought about it, why would the man in his nightmare say, "your head was too easy to penetrate."

It was just a dream. Peter told himself.

     "Hey, honey, your sweating." She rubbed her finger soothingly across Peter's forehead. She patted the side of his face and pouted for him. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Of course!" Peter tried to act appropriate towards May, acting upon a hangover.

"You look okay to me." Said a male's voice from the door. They both looked over.

Happy was standing in the doorway wearing his casual black suit. Peter sighed and sat up to lean his back on his headboard.

"Can I have a word with him?" He asked May.

"Yes, of course." She brushed herself off and stood from her position on her knees. "I'll make some breakfast." She smiled and tapped Peter on the cheek.

Peter cringed when he watched Happy give May a daring smile and watch her walk down the hall.

When Happy turned his attention to Peter, Peter crinkled his nose. "If you stay for breakfast, it's your funeral."

Peter was suddenly nervous that Happy would find out about his addiction lately to alcohol. He fiddled with his sheets. "So what's up, Happy?"

"'Okay?' He quoted. "You sick?"

"I had nausea for a few days." He swallowed nervously.

"Hmmm." Happy walked casually around the room, eyeing things. "How many days?"

"Like, 2?"

     Happy began opening up his closet and searched through his clothes. When he wasn't satisfied for not finding something he was looking for, he turned around and strided across the room. He opened the drawers to his desk and searched through his papers.

"Can I help you?" Peter asked snarky.

"No I'll find them."

Peter scowled. When Happy came to the end of Peter's bed, he looked at Peter and squinted his eyes as though he was challenging Peter.

    Then something clicked in his head and he walked over to Peter's side of the bed and bent over, but not to be at Peter's level, but onto the ground and snatched the bottles Peter had hid under his bed.

He pulled out the 3 that Peter consumed the night before. Fortunately for Peter, he'd tossed the other bottles from the past few days.

"Burbin." He said plainly. "I'm more of a Peta colada kinda guy But you..." He eyed the bottle. "You're underage."

"I'm the legal age in 2 weeks!"

"But you're not now." He looked at Peter sternly.

"No. I'm not."

Happys expression softened. "Look kid, I get it that you miss y/n, but she'll be okay so there's no reason to lose yourself because of it."

"She's dead."
"She's resting."
"No." Peter shook his head. "Don't lie."
"She's stable, Peter."
"Happy if there's somet-"

"She's fine! She's awake and healthy."

Silence filled the room for seconds.      "Y/n..." Peter stammered. "She's awake?"

"Yes. But nobody's allowed in the Exglavator Box yet."

     Peter was so stuck on the thought of y/n being awake that he forgot to breathe so he caught his breath and Happy gave him a look.

"You've ignored your Spidey tinkles." Happy said this more of a statement.

Boy, did Peter hate the name he called his SPIDER SENSES!

"Uh," Peter didn't have an explanation

"Two days ago there was a young girl thrown into an alleyway and sexually assaulted."

"Is she okay?"
"No thanks to you." Happy said with hurt eyes.
"I'm sorry."

"Its not me you need to be apologizing to."

Peter nodded. "Y/n," he gulped. "Is she having visitors?"

"I don't know. She's fighting off whats left of her disease."

"Did Tony send you?"

"I'm not here for volunteer hours."

"Will you tell him?"

He sighed. "Not unless it happens again." He pointed a finger. "This is a warning."

     He turned on his heel and went to the door. "Take care, kid." He opened the door and exited but just as the door was about to close, he poked his head back inside. "Remember what I said. Keep off the booze."

"You got it, boss."
"Yup."
"Okay."
"Bye, kid."
"See ya." The door closed.

The door opened a crack. Happy poked his head back in for half a second. "Goodbye." The door closed quickly.

Then the door barged open and Happy stood leaning in the doorway.

"Kid, I've got something for you."

Happy walked back in the room with a gadget in his hand. He clicked a button as though it were a remote and suddenly it projected an image. No. A video.

It was y/n.

Peter's eyes grew wide. "Y/n." He called out.

"It's not Skype web tights."

He also hated that nickname.

Peter looked from Happy back to the video. Y/n was squirming around uncomfortably, looking at the camera, like she couldn't find a confident position.

     She appeared to be skinnier. Her skin was definitely paler, from not being outside for nearly weeks. Though, Peter'd noticed how beautifully volumized and smooth her hair looked that she had just recently washed it.

"Hey, Peter." She rubbed her arm as she usually did when she was nervous. "I miss you."

Every word she spoke gave Peter goosebumps. He'd missed the sound of her voice.

"I'm gonna be okay. I have to stay here for a bit longer but I want you to know that I'll see you soon." She smiled. "I miss those... brown... eyes of yours." She sighed. "I have to go now. I love you, Peter."

Peter's face flushed. He was thrilled that he finally got to see her.

She's okay. She's alive. She still loves me

"There you go." Happy stood. "Now behave yourself!" He walked towards the door and didn't look back.

Peter chuckled. He thought about y/n. She's awake. So why couldn't he see her? After all, he was her boyfriend so what's the big deal?

     Whatever. Peter tried not to think about. But it was impossible. She's healthy. That's all that matters.

He lay back to put a pillow over his head. But as he lifted up the pillow to do so, he got the chills and shivers ran up his spine.

Spidey-Senses

He bolted upright. He wasn't gonna let a single crime get away from him from now on. He couldn't believe he ignored the bad guys the past few weeks. People probabforgotten about the neighbourhood Spiderman.
All the worse crimes that could've happened probably did from his absence. Maybe the people thought there was no hope without him. Peter pushed aside his thoughts and stood.

The world needed justice and Peter was going to serve it.