Chapter 11

Warning: this chapter contains sexual themes. Read at your own risk.

~

I woke up to something warm pressed against my back and something draped over my waist. I opened my eyes and saw that it was an arm draped over my midsection, with black sleeved rolled up to the elbow.

I panicked when I remembered what happened before I blacked out, jolting up to a sitting position as I stared at Zack, who sat up not too long after.

"You're awake-" he reached out to touch my face. I backed away, nearly falling off the bed we were in.

"Where are we?" I snapped, staring at him intensely.

"Uh, we're at my house," he replied.

"You kidnapped me?" I couldn't help but feel betrayed. "You told Lena-"

"I only said that so she would leave," Zack admitted, looking away.

"When she finds me, you're gonna-" he cut me off.

"She's not going to find you," he held up his hand, revealing my phone. It was open to a conversation with Lena.

"I'm fine, I'm at my apartment with Mallory."

"Okay, cool. Stay safe."

"What-?" My eyes widened when I read the messages, reaching for the phone. Zack pulled it out of my reach.

"No, you aren't getting this back," Zack shook his head. "I can't have you telling them the truth."

"What about Mallory? I mean, she's my roommate," I pointed out. "She's probably worried sick-"

"She thinks you're staying with Lena," he smirked. "I'm three steps ahead, Jumin."

He got out of the bed, stretching. I stood up on the opposite side, staring at him.

"You're crazy-" I choked out, feeling tears sting my eyes. "You've taken everything from me-"

"No, that's not true, Jumin," Zack shook his head. "You still have your little panda." He gestured to the plushie on the bed. "Though you preferred to cuddle me while you slept."

"What? I would never do that-" I backed away.

"Alright, fine," he shrugged. "Believe what you want to believe, but I know the truth."

"You..." I struggled with the words. "You-"

My phone started ringing. I caught a glimpse of the screen, gasping when I saw it was Reese. I ran over and tried to grab the phone.

"Give me that!" I jumped as Reese held it above his head.

"No, I don't think so," he chuckled. "I'll just let it ring." I backed down, scowling.

"Fine, be that way," I turned away, hugging myself. "But Reese is going to freak out when I don't answer. He'll know something's wrong."

I turned back to Zack when I heard the phone stop ringing. I watched him pocket my phone, narrowing his eyes at me.

"That doesn't matter," he shrugged. "They're never going to find you. But that doesn't matter right now."