006

(A/n): the timeline was changed! some things that happened in the show won't happen in this <3 just wanted to clarify that
-
"Here, I got your clothes," Dustin said, handing (Y/n) a large box.

The next day, the boys came back to Will's house and brought (Y/n)'s belongings that each of them had.

"Here are your records, and here's your record player," Lucas said, handing (Y/n) two boxes.

Trying to balance the boxes, (Y/n) got frustrated. Where were these things going to go?

She placed them down on the ground next to her feet and furrowed her eyebrows.

She stood back up to face Mike, who was holding a small box.

"This isn't anything you had, but I got this for you," he said sweetly. Her face softened as she took the box and opened it, revealing a new walkie talkie.

"Thank you," she said, placing it next to her and giving Mike a hug.

"It's no problem. Your last one broke when... you know," Mike said awkwardly.

"Yeah," she said, sitting on Will's bed.

"Hi guys," Will said, walking into his room with a box.

"Hi," (Y/n) replied.

"Here. I have some of your art supplies and your camera," Will said, setting the box on top of the heaping pile.

"Where will these go?" She asked quietly.

"What do you mean?" Will asked.

"No room," she said simply. Dustin and Lucas exchanged a worried look. It was clear that this wasn't thought through.

"You can stay in my basement!" Mike blurted out. He clamped a hand over his mouth, realizing what he said.

"Really?" (Y/n) asked.

"Uh, yeah, sure. At least until Will figures something out," Mike said awkwardly. He just wanted to be her hero, to be the one that made her happy.

"Okay. Thank you Mike," she said with a small smile.

"Goddamnit. Does that mean we have to ride all of this shit to Mike's?" Dustin asked.

"No. Just her clothes. I'll figure something out. My mom already said she could live here," Will said.

"Are you sure?" She asked, worried that she wasn't intruding. She did just get back after all, and her friends were already adjusting their lives for her.

"Y-Yeah," Mike said hesitantly. He knew that his mom would say no if he asked.

So, he came up with a plan.

He decided that she would stay in his basement until further notice. He would build her a small fort that she could stay in while she slept.

Then, he and his sisters would go to school and his parents would go to work. She'd have the house to herself for that time.

"Should we go to Mike's now?" Lucas asked, interrupting the awkward silence that fell over the room.

"Yeah! Let's go," Will said, smiling and walking out of the room.

Dustin grabbed the box of (Y/n)'s clothes and followed Will.

"You guys go. I'll walk and carry the box," Dustin said.

"What about your bike?" Lucas asked, getting on his bike. 

"I'll ride it," (Y/n) said suddenly.

"Alright. It works out," Dustin said with a smile. She returned his smile and walked over to his bike, picking it up awkwardly.

She climbed onto it and widened her eyes, remembering that she hadn't ridden a bike in months.

With a deep breath, she pushed off and started riding. Slowly, but still riding.

"You two go ahead. I'll ride with her and make sure she's alright," Mike said. Lucas and Will nodded and rode in front of them, quickly making their way to Mike's house.

"I'm doing it!" She said triumphantly, speeding up slightly.

"You are!" Mike said, laughing to himself. He thought it was adorable.

(Y/n) kept riding, trying to keep her grip on the handlebars tight so she wouldn't crash. She kept swerving, but she was still steady.

Suddenly, she swerved hard to the right and fell backwards off of the bike.

"Woah!" Mike yelled, immediately hopping off of his bike and catching her before she hit the ground.

"Thank you," she said quietly. She was shaking as she stood back up.

"You okay?" Mike asked. (Y/n) rubbed her elbow, which now had a scratch, and nodded.

"Here, get on the back of mine," Mike said, climbing back on his bike. His eyes trailed down to Dustin's bike and he groaned, knowing he couldn't leave the bike there.

"I have idea," she said, climbing onto the back of Mike's bike.

"Okay, uh, well, hold on," Mike said awkwardly. (Y/n) wrapped one arm around Mike's waist, and held out her other arm, holding her hand over Dustin's bike.

Using her powers, she lifted up the bike so it was standing upright, like a person was on it.

"Go," she whispered to Mike, who was in awe over what he was seeing.

It hadn't really fully hit everyone yet. She just randomly came back with no warning, so the boys were still in shock.

Mike rode to his house while (Y/n) controlled Dustin's bike with her mind.

It concerned Mike that she was only holding onto him with one hand, but he figured she had everything under control.

Once the rest of the party had reached Mike's house, Dustin was only halfway there.

"Son of a bitch," he muttered to himself, realizing how long he had been walking.

Suddenly, Dustin realized that he was severely off course.

Instead of taking a right, he took a left and ended up in the woods.

He didn't realize it until he was too deep in. Both roads looked the same, although the one he took went deeper into the woods as he went on.

He approached a white building with three white vans in the parking lot, and two men standing outside of one of them.

"What the...?" Dustin whispered to himself, looking up at the sign on the building.

Hawkins Lab.

He quickly crouched down behind a bush, placing the box of (Y/n)'s clothes next to him.

He swung his backpack off of his shoulder and took out his binoculars, looking at the men. He saw a tall man with grey hair in a white lab coat, and another man in an all black suit.

"What do you mean, 'missing'? I just saw her two days ago!" The grey haired man yelled. Dustin was straining to hear them, but thankfully he could read lips fairly well.

"We don't know where he is, sir," the black suited man said.

"Well find her! We can't have her on the streets. Do you know how much of a threat she is?" The other man yelled.

"Yes sir," the suited man replied.

"She's not only a threat to society, but a threat to us! If she tells people what we're doing, we'll be thrown in prison!"

"I know, sir. We have a team looking for her now."

Dustin's eyes widened as he saw the two men trudge back into the building.

"Damnit, I can never catch a break!" Dustin muttered to himself, grabbing the box of clothes and running to Mike's house.