Jealousy is a drug

London, England

Bella

§

Silence.

Silence floated in the air, teasing me. I had imagined this moment several times. I had thought about what I would have said and done in this exact moment. Embarrassingly i also imagined what he would look like. Handsome, that's for sure. I don't think he knows any other way actually; he can't not be handsome. It's a part of him, it is him. God surely took his time making him. Along with that, I thought about nice things. I would smile at him and he would smile back, not a smirk but that genuine boyish smile that he used to give me. His eyes would warm up to me and he would let me tangle my hand in his hair when he would kiss me slowly, trying to take up for all the time we have missed.

Silence laughed at me again when Scar removed his arms from me, and I looked at Lorenzo properly. He looked handsome; I was right about that. His dark hair was slicked back, his facial hair a tad bit lighter. He wasn't like I had remembered him. His eyes didn't hold the same love and comfort they once had. His lips didn't smile at me like they used to and his voice...his voice didn't sound like a prayer anymore. Rather it sounded like a curse, as if he was trying to inflict someone pain.

He didn't hold my stare for longer, looking back at Khalid and Adam. He scanned them properly and stood up to greet Marco. Shockingly his version of a greeting was a handshake and a nod. They spoke in another language, but I didn't care about that. I was too focused on listening to how his voice had gotten richer and thicker, with a slight rasp to it. His tongue rolled around each word beautifully and if Adam hadn't held my arm, I would have drowned in him.

Quickly I realized what just happened and I removed my arm for Adams grasp, watching two really familiar eyes on my back. I didn't look back though; I didn't trust myself enough. I don't know if I would tremble from his stone-cold glare or kiss his delicious lips that I hope still recognized mine.

"Salam" I heard Diegos familiar voice, who had just entered the warehouse. I smiled at his adorable greeting that Khalid answered to in a better Persian accent. I loved his effort and how he was trying to ease the atmosphere. I gave him a quick hug when he came to me before Scar told us to sit down. Diego sat down on my one side, while Adam sat on the other. I sat far away from Lorenzo, who hadn't spared me a second glance. He was eyeing Adam as if his life depended on it. I huffed lightly when I heard Adam talk to Marco about weapons in Iran.

"I didn't know that this was a kitty party" Lorenzo uttered again, to which Scar smiled sheepishly to all of us as apology for Lorenzos rude behavior.

"So, first of all thanks for showing up" Scar started, nodding at both Khalid and Lorenzo, who nodded back at him. "well as the Persians know, I sent Diablo to Iran to present my deal to you guys, but you kindly declined" he started off watching Lorenzos every move as if he would pop any minute. However, Lorenzo leaned back in his seat, his blazer revealing more of his crisp white shirt. I could make out a blood stain just below his rib cage and my hands ached to help him out.

"The deal that you didn't hear about was about you guys helping us out when the Chinese will attack us. Not giving them weapons and instead helping us out with man power would benefit the both of us" Scar explained to them as he leaned forward on his chair.

"How? As in how would that benefit us? Like I told Diego, the Chinese attacked us too and gave as an ultimatum to either help them out or we are next" Khalid spoke up this time, leaning forward to.

"What makes you think that you aren't next?" This time it was Lorenzo speaking in his same cold voice, but he didn't lean forward. Instead he looked relaxed, as if he didn't have a whole gang after him wanting him dead.