Chapter Seven // Nagging Coughs

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

You squinted and buried your face into your pillow, attempting to drain out the sound. 

BEEP.

''...mMmH! Alright, fine, I'm up!'' You muffled as you hit your alarm clock. You sat up and rubbed your eyes. You stretched and yawned then you just kinda sat there. 

You looked around after you got up and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. A few minutes later you heard footsteps. You sharply turned around grabbing a knife from beside you. ''W-Who's there?!'' You yelled. Chuuya peeked his head as he walked fully in the kitchen with his hands up. ''(Y/N), that's a butter knife, it's not going to do anything...'' Chuuya explained. You looked at it and relaxed as you put the knife down. ''So anyway, what am I doing here?'' Chuuya looked around, looking through your bookshelf.  ''Uh, you were drunk and it wasn't very safe for you to drive, so I was going to take you to your house, but I didn't know where you lived so I took you here; my house.'' You smiled. ''Oh, thanks I guess,'' Chuuya looked around. ''Nice place you got here.'' He smiled. ''Uh, thanks?'' Chuuya picked up a little box. ''Ah! D-Don't look at that!''

You came running at Chuuya before he moved, causing you to fall. Chuuya lifted the lid to the pink box as you couldn't help to blush. It was the pink box Akutagawa gave you with the camera and note. '''Meet me at the park at 9, Aku''' Chuuya reader the note then laughed a little. ''Oh, (Y/N), he was at the park.''  Chuuya put up the box, laughing. ''He- He was there the whole time!''  Chuuya said while taking breathes because he was laughing so hard. ''What? N-No he wasn't! I-If he was then why- why didn't he come to see me?!'' You exclaimed. Chuuya eventually stopped laughing. 

''Well, I guess he was a little late, I mean, he had I job to do, but he was there. For at least, ehhh, 20 minutes or so.'' He said. ''Wh- How do you know?! Were-Were you stalking me?!!'' Chuuya turned around. ''Really? You came up with that?'' ''Well, what was I suppose to guess!?'' You snapped back. ''I was just passing, I just know him well enough to guess.'' ''He really did leave me there, then...'' Chuuya sat beside you on the floor, rubbing your back. ''Ehh, He probably just got scared. Under that coat, he's a normal person. Well, almost...'' He said. 

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

You lifted your head and looked at the oven. ''Well, your food's done. You should get to that before you burn the house down.'' Chuuya said, standing up. ''I'm going home, see you later (Y/N)...'' Chuuya said, opening the door. ''Wait, Chuuya,'' Chuuya turned around to look at you and you smiled. ''Thank you...'' You sighed. Chuuya tilted his head. ''For what?'' ''Last night... it was fun...'' You said. Chuuya smiled. ''Yeah, I guess it was. We should do it again sometimes...'' Chuuya then left.

~Time Skip~
~Akutagawa's P.O.V.~

I was walking through the long hallways of the building as I came across Chuuya. He was walking and then he stopped once I came to a halt, he then smiled. A wave of rage wash over me and I grabbed his collar and held him up against the wall as Chuuya smirked.

''What do want now?'' He asked. ''You know EXACTLY why I'm mad...'' ''Oh yeah? Is it about (Y/N)? Well someone had to do something. Poor thing was sleeping waiting for you. She was waiting for you and was upset you didn't come.'' Chuuya stated. I dropped him as I thought for a while. ''Can I go now?'' Chuuya asked as he got up. ''(Y/N) was waiting, and I messed up.'' I thought for a while. Over and over. Horrid thoughts.

~Time Skip~

  I was walking down the street, searching for (Y/N). ''She has to be here somewhere.'' I thought. ''(Y/N)!!'' I called out. ''(Y/N) PLEASE! WE SHOULD TA- COUGH COUGH!'' I turned around swiftly when I saw her figure. I ran towards her as she just looked at me. ''A-Akutagawa...?'' She asked. I grabbed her wrist as she tugged it back. ''At the park, why didn't you come to me?'' She asked. ''(Y/N), I was- I was- I was nervous, okay? I would have came to you, it's just- It's just-'' ''It's just you don't care, I know.'' (Y/N) walked away after that. I ran to her as I grabbed her hand as she stopped. I looked her in the eyes as she looked me in them as well. I grabbed the side as her face as I swooped in and I did it.

I kissed (Y/N)...

(Y/N) looked surprised as I put my forehead on hers, noses barely touching. She was blushing a little bit and so was I. ''(Y/N)-chan, that's not at all it. I care. I care about you. I-I love you... (Y/N)'' She smiled as she began to cry. ''Wh- Why are you crying? D-did I do something?! (Y-Y/N)!'' I asked, panicked. She then started laughing as she came in to hug me. ''I-I'm glad you feel the same way...'' She said as she buried her face into my frilly white shirt. I smiled as I hugged her. ''-B-but why are you crying?'' I asked confused. ''I'm just... happy...'' (Y/N) said. It was harder to hear her because the sound was muffled but I could hear her. 

''Cough Cough''

...

912 words