B) Turtles All the Way Down

BACK COVER SUMMARY:

BACK COVER SUMMARY:

SIXTEEN-YEAR OLD AZA NEVER INTENDED to pursue the mystery of fugitive billionaire Russell Pickett, but there's a hundred-thousand-dollar reward at stake and her Best and Most Fearless Friend, Daisy, is eager to investigate. So together they navigate the short distance and broad divides that separate them from Russell Pickett's son, Davis.

Aza is trying. She is trying to be a good daughter, a good friend, a good student and maybe even a good detective, while also living within the ever-tightening spiral of her own thoughts.

In his long-awaited return, John Green, the acclaimed, award-winning author of Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars, shares Aza's story with shattering, unflinching clarity in this brilliant novel of love, resilience and the power of lifelong friendship.

I finished this book on Easter and I'm still now over it. This is one of those books with those plots where I sit back, open it up and read it slowly by an open window, and I gotta say it's one of my favourites.
It portrays elements of both sincerity and insincerity disguised in the daily life of an overthinker. Throughout the book the main character goes through numerous episodes of 'subtlety' that can relate the reader in what way.

It deals with a certain mental illness, hardships, loyalty, bravery and strong friendships. It is a kind-hearted book with a gripping and simple and sweet taste of language, merely typical for John Green's books, and the characters in this book are very realistic, sympathetic and there are moments where you just want to close and put lean on your elbow because there's a lot to process.

One of my favourite books to read and I love it. I have become a huge fan of Green's books now and I want to start reading The Fault in Our Stars. I seem like the only one here who's hasn't and idk.

So yeah, Turtles All the Way Down teaches you about living life on the edge, trying to put your past doings aside and live life as long as you have wacky ass friends.

I love it, I will always keep rereading it because I never get bored.

THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR:
There are cursing in this book, but they don't appear a lot. I'd say one appears every 50 pages.

I found it a bit hard to read the beginning. It might be me but the first few chapters seemed real slow and I was not able to absorb any words as a result, but as you continue reading, the plot will open up itself and before you know it you will get hooked.

OUT OF CONTEXT PASSAGE

BUT I ALSO HAD A LIFE, a normal-ish life, which continued. For hours or days, the thoughts would leave me be, and I could remember something my mom told me once: Your now is not your forever. I went to class, got good grades, wrote papers, talked to Mom after lunch, ate dinner, watched television, read. I was not always stuck inside myself, or inside myselves. I wasn't only crazy.

On date night, I got home from school and spent a solid two hours getting dressed. It was a cloudless day in late September, cold enough to justify a coat, but warm enough that a sleeved dress with tights could be managed. Then again, that might seem like trying, and texting Daisy was no help because she responded she was going to wear an evening gown, and I couldn't totally tell if she was kidding.

In the end, I went for my favourite jeans and a hoodie over a lavender T-shirt Daisy had given me featuring Han Solo and Chewbacca in a fierce embrace.

I then spent another half hour applying and unapplying makeup. I'm not the sort of person who usually gets carried away with that stuff, but I was nervous, and sometimes makeup feels kind of like armor.

"Are you wearing eyeliner?" Mom asked when I emerged from my room. She was sorting through bills and had spread them out across the entire coffee table. The pen she held hovered over a checkbook.

"A little," I said. "Does it look weird?"
"Just different," Mom said, failing to disguise her disapproval.

....

She gestured at the spot next to her on the couch. "I'm supposed to be there at seven," I said. She pointed at the couch again. I sat down, and she put her arm around me.
"You don't talk much to your mother."
Dr. Singh told me that if you have a perfectly tuned guitar and a perfectly tuned violin in the same room, and you pluck the D string of the guitar, then all the way across the room, the D string on the violin will also vibrate. I could always feel my mother's vibrating strings. "I also don't talk much to other people."