Chapter 1.

The morning air was cold as Y/n sat on a boulder writing. Her hair was tied up in a hurried sort of way.

The sun was just starting to rise giving her adequate lighting while also giving her a beautiful view.

Sun beams bounced off the morning dew droplets that littered the grass. The air was cool and the chirping of birds could be heard.

Soon, though, y/n was interrupted by a young voice.

  "Mama, what are you doing?" a little boy with shining hair and stars in his eyes walked up behind her.

Y/n closed her book as she turned and smiled at the boy. "Come here. Sit with me."

The boy complied and came up and sat by his mother, casting her a curious look after. Y/n chuckled.

"Do you remember the old bedtime story I used to tell you whenever you were younger?"

  The boy nodded, his wavy short hair bouncing as he did so.

"About the soldier, poet, and king? Yeah. What about it." He asked.

  She smiled, " You remember how it goes right? Cuz guess what."

  "What Mama? "

Y/n's voice was filled with a happiness you get when your about to give someone something amazing

  "I made it a song!" Y/n's son's face lit up with excitement. "Can you sing it for me!? Please please please!!!"

  Y/n chuckled "Of course baby. But you'll have to sing with me later in the song, k?" The boy grinned from ear to ear. "Yes, mama."

  With a smile on her face, y/n materialized a guitar, causing the boy to look on with astonishment. "Don't look so amazed. I've seen you summon Seneca many times when you thought I wasn't looking" She said referring to his familiar, a Raven.

  "The bird? She comes and goes as she pleases. Guitars can't move on their own." He huffed.

  "Easy son. Your magic grows every day. Soon you'll do things like this without blinking a eye, just like me."

  He smiled "Thanks mama. Can you sing for me now? "

  "Of course baby"

  Y/n started strumming the first few chords as she tapped her foot to the beat.

  "There will come a soldier
Who carries a mighty sword
He will tear your city down, o lei o lai o lord"

"O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord
He will tear your city down, o lei o lai o lord"

"There will come a poet
Whose weapon is his word
He will slay you with his tongue, o lei o lai o lord"

"O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord
He will slay you with his tongue, o lei o lai o lord"

"Now you, the rhythm is the same. I'll sing along."

The boy nodded and waited for the next chorus to be cued by his mother. When it came he sang with a voice as lovely as the sunrise.

"There will come a ruler
Whose brow is laid in thorn
Smeared with oil like David's boy, o lei o lai o lord"

"Great! Keep going!" Y/n ushered as she sang with him.

"O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord
Smeared with oil like David's boy, o lei o lai o lord
O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord
He will tear your city down, o lei o lai
Ooooohh"

The pair smiled as they neared the finish

"O lei, o lai, O lei, o lai, O lei, o lai, O"

Y/n strummed the last chords, smiling brightly at her son. "Amazing, honey! I'd expect nothing less from someone as awesome as my little magician." She said as she gathered him in her arms and bear hugged him while he giggled.

  "Oh, dad said breakfast will be ready soon. That's why I came up here."

Y/n smiled teasingly. "You mean you didn't come up here just to visit your adoring mother? " She ruffled his curly short locks that matched his fathers, he giggles. "Ok, run along. I'll be down shortly."

The boy nodded as he turned and started down the hill towards home. Y/n gathered her books and started back down the hill after him toward home. Thinking how she got so lucky.

                               How she got here.