Chapter 2.

*a couple years earlier*

  You sat in the shop enjoying the security and cool air. Today it was rather hot in Vesuvia and everyone was seeking shade from the heat. Otherwise meaning, the shop had a couple extra costumers.

  You and Asra had your work cut out for you, not having long to chat with your patrons long after you service them like you usually would. They didn't mind though.

  Soon the day was winding down. Temperatures had cooled and the evening markets had roared back to life. You were about to leave to get dinner, but not before you said bye to Asra.

   "Asra, I'm heading out! I'll be back shortly." Usually he calls back with a loving goodbye, but it was silent.

You turn back curiously. "Um, Asra?" You poke your head into the pantry, the kitchen, and upstairs but he was nowhere to be found. You couldn't help but feel a sense of loneliness tug at your heart. You were used to him being fairly absent from your life, especially before the whole devil incident and liberating Asra's parents, as well as providing Julian's innocence.

  He never left without a goodbye though, until recently.

   You exit the shop, putting up your ward, heading towards the market.

                         ~~•°•🌑•°•~~

After picking up food you start to head back to you home. You passed by a herb merchant and notice a sale on a few spices. You bought a few including lavender, nightshade and myrrh and stuck them in your satchel.

  On the walk back you notice a dark  cloak whirl around the corner of a dim ally. Being the curious person you are, you investigate.

  After a couple yards you realized how dark it had gotten with the sun finally sunken beneath the horizon making the already dark ally even darker.

  You hear movement behind you but before you can react a pair of hands cover your eyes and mouth.

  "Guess who." You calm hearing a familiar voice.

  "Surly not a handsome overdramatic doctor, I would have to guess a dirty street man." You joke. The hands release to reveal Julian Devorak feigning offense.

  "My dear you wound me! " He smiles.

  "You'll be fine, you heal quickly. " You push his shoulder making him chuckle. You blushed slightly for some reason.

  "That I do, aside from that what brings someone as beautiful as you to this derelict place?" His voice lowers becoming flirty.

  You step forward turning on your heel to face away from him. "Oh nothing, just following strange men into dark alleys at night, the usual." You smile, looking over your shoulder, with a hint of sarcasm.

  Julian smiles, watching you with his one eye. He lowers to where his face is next to your ear. "Be careful Malyshka, or dirty Street men my cart you off."

  Julians close proximity sent a shiver through your spine. You blush deeply. "I-I should be going." You stutter.

  You turn to find Julian with a smirk but a evident blush too. "Ok y/n, would you like a escort? Night is a dangerous time for a woman in the city." He seemed genuinely concerned.

  "I can take care of myself, Spasibo" You look over your shoulder with glowing f/c eyes and wink. You see Julian bite his lip right before you round the corner.