Prologue

Rumbles shook through the earth. Tremors shot through the mountain like electricity, bending into huge cracks as the rock split apart. Blinding light tumbled into the newly formed gorges, illuminating the crevices with the first sunlight ever to touch their walls. The earthquake quickly stopped, but the damage was done; upturned rocks and boulders were scattered everywhere like discarded scrolls, lizards and centipedes writhed through the rubble, and, most importantly, the mountain was split in two. The direct sunlight washed over the entire scene unblinkingly.

This is what awoke it.

It emerged from the canyon, blinking in the sunlight it had not witnessed in thousands of years. It's wings, dusty and wrapped firmly in the embrace of cobwebs, shook for the first time in thousands of years.  Pyrrhia had not seen it in thousands of years.

And yet, here it was. The first Crystalwing to appear in thousands of years.

The elder dragon turned toward the sun. It's eyes snapped open, revealing a pair of luminous golden orbs that glinted dangerously, outlined like the hazy sheen of a crystal as the sun stared down. It's scales were embedded with spikes of gemstones that made the dragon shine with amber light. Claws clicked against the otherwise silent canyon, echoing ominously.

The dragons jaws opened shudderingly, and a misty breath escaped from it's throat, which seemed to be dusted in tiny specks of gems. 

It was time.

The ancients were arriving.