'Comfort' // 2

a/n: sorry for the wait for a new chapter f I've been watching too much hermit craft and reading too much grumbo shit (you can tell by my reading list teehee)

[913 words]

[Water sheep's pov]

My soggy fur blissed through the harsh winds of the night as I snuggled in the corner of my cage, trying to regain some warmth.

I turned my head to the window of the swede's house. To my surprise, I saw Sven, sitting bolt upright. I tried to push the thought out of my head as I rested my head on the uncomfortable bars of my enclosure and shut my eyes tight shut. But even shutting my eyes wouldn't let me escape the horrid reality I live in. I soon found myself crying, crying harder than a storm. Floods emerged from my eyes as I silently sobbed. The tighter I shut my eyes, the more that came out. It was like a never-ending waterfall. I felt lost, afraid, unwanted. Of course, I've felt this before but, not to this extent. 

My body tensed up and I couldn't move. The strong winds made me feel like I was frozen solid. The water wasn't helping either, but I was used to the frozen waters at this point. The wind made the water crash against my fur as I shivered in pain. 

After minutes of wailing and crying, I suddenly turn my attention to a door creaking. I just assumed it was the swede going to tell me to SHUT UP but to my surprise, it wasn't. From what I could see, I could see an ear and a tail poking out. It seemed to be searching around to see if any of the farm animals were awake - smart dog. After a couple of minutes of searching, the whole dog came out of the door as he shut it quietly behind him.

 It was Sven, of course. 

Before I had a moment to think, the grey Huskey slowly trembled up to me, being careful not to make a noise. After a couple of moments of him standing by my cage, he actually had the courage to say something.  

"Hello!" the grey miniature dog barked at me. His heartwarming voice calmed me immensely but a part of me was still concerned about why he was outside in this kind of weather. 

With concern in my voice, I quietly shouted "What are you doing outside while it's a storm? It's dangerous out here, y' know!" Even after shouting at him to go inside his pitiful home, he didn't move an inch. He still sat there, with his huge dorky smile on his face. It was cute... how he was calm in the most dreadful circumstances. 

A pink, light blush painted itself on his face as he talked, "I don't mind if it's dangerous out here, as long as you have company." My face must have turned beetroot red when I realised what he said. Why would he care so much about me? He could get struck by lightning right now but instead, he just sat there, staring into my concern filled eyes. "Now let's get you out of that cage so we can have an adventure!" 

This sudden change of tone caught me off guard for a second, but I was able to control myself. "What do you mean? Are you insane?! In this weather? This could get us both in danger!" I bearly knew this guy and now he's asking me to break the rules? He might not be as smart as I thought. "I think I'll pass..."

"What! (you've never played...) So you're telling me that I've came all the way out here just to get soaked from the rain and not go on an adventure! Unbelievable!" The sarcastic tone he said it in made me giggle and almost made me forget the circumstances I was in. Suddenly, an idea popped into my head. It was a well-known fact across the farm animals that I've had a small crush on Sven ever since he'd came here. He was funny, kind,  ̶c̶u̶t̶e̶ ̶, nothing like his swede owner, Felix. I guess now was my chance!

"Hey, If you want to give me company so bad, you can stay with me tonight. I'll keep you warm with my fur, promise." We were both a blushing mess at this point. Sven's face lit up when he realised what I just said. Does he really want to sleep with me so bad - inside my tiny, freezing pool of water? He is pretty dedicated to this 'company' thing he was talking about. "If that's an invitation for me to sleep with you, I'm down." Her chirped back.

Before I had a moment to comprehend what the Huskey just said, I saw him leaping over the fence like an acrobat. Surprisingly, he landed safely onto the soggy floors of my cage on his feet. I guess he has some cat in him? In worry that Sven might freeze-up from the water, I pulled Sven into my chest to block him from the wind. "Sheeps' always keep their promises" I sighed as blush trembled across Sven's face.

"I like this..."

"I like this too, we should do it more often"

"Sounds good to me..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: like i said, sorry for the wait :,))!! it isnt helping that im going on a trip tomorrow and it'll last 3 days so i wont be able to write skskksks

i hope you enjoyed!!