Water

The water was being distorted in a weird way, like waves. But they were standing next to an enclosed harbor. There's nothing here to cause waves that big. The waves died down and gave way to the smaller normal waves. As the girls pondered what had just happened, suddenly all movement of the water stopped. Bubbles surfaced in the middle of the harbor, almost as if something was releasing a breath of air from underneath.

Suddenly water erupted from the harbor. It sored high into the air and fell fast and hard to the ground. People were screaming and running, looking for cover from the water. A shadow spanning the entire harbor fell upon the frightened people. They looked up in horror to find a massive creature ascending from the water and blotting out the sun. It had a long, slender neck, and a rounded head with somewhat see through protrusions on either side. Its body was large and muscular, and as it moved more into the light they could see that it's skin was scaly and bluish green in color. As it rose out of the water, it used one of its two front legs to grab onto the side of the harbor, the concrete cracking under its weight. 'The beast was massive, ten stories tall at least!' thought Zoey as she watched from under the awning of the coffee shop she and her friend had been drinking at.

As the beast finished its lumbering climb onto land, it stepped onto the harbor and from its back rose two large and somewhat see through appendages, one on either side of its spine. They unfolded and spread into the air.

That's when the people realized what was standing in front of them. The air was so silent that a pin could be heard if someone were to drop one. "Dragon" someone whispers, and all hell broke loose.