One Night of Normality

“AAAAH! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!”

Tweek screamed hysterically, his throat burning from dehydration and exhaustion. 

Kyle quickly attempted to reassure him, “Tweek, relax! Everything's gonna be fine. We're not gonna die.”

The teen's only response was, “Gah!”

Kyle sighed, cupped his hand over his mouth, and called across the room, “Craig, get over here and calm your boyfriend down.” 

Craig glanced over at Tweek from the other side of the room where he was sitting at a carved wooden table, then stood up and walked over to him.

“Remember what I taught you, babe. Deep breaths,” he said comfortingly, taking Tweek's hands into his own. 

“Okay...okay…” the blond mumbled.

“In…” Craig instructed. 

The two deeply inhaled through their noses. 

“...and out,” he continued. 

They exhaled softly.

“In...and out.”

They took another deep breath in unison.

“In...and out…”

The couple repeated this a few more times, before Tweek softly smiled. 

“I'm okay,” he said quietly. 

“Don't worry, Tweek. We're gettin’ out of here, I promise.”

The other teens in the room—Wendy, Kyle, Bebe, and Stan—turned to face the door of the log cabin they were currently hiding out in, and Craig and Tweek followed suit. 

“They'll be here soon,” Wendy spoke solemnly. 

“Then we'll have to fight our way out,” said Stan in a grim, yet determined, tone. 

Hearing that, Tweek shuddered and twitched a little, but Craig gently put a hand on his shoulder and nodded to him. The twitchy boy nodded back, clenching his fists at his sides. 

Soon, loud crashing sounds came from the other side of the heavy wood door; after a few more bangs and crashes, the door splintered into pieces and fell to reveal a group of small woodland animals wearing little hats and scarves. 

“Praise Satan!” cried one of them, a squirrel, in a high-pitched and innocent voice. 

“Jeepers, Deery! Do ya think we should harvest their lungs or their hearts first?” the bear said huskily. 

A fawn bounded up and down excitedly and responded, “Oh, I simply can't decide!” 

Kyle grinned slightly and dramatically said, “Let's begin, then.” 

The group of teenagers swarmed forward to do battle with the demonic woodland critters. Wendy, Stan, and Craig let out intimidating yells; trying to mimic them, Tweek screamed loudly as an attempt at a battle cry— though he sounded more frightened than frightening.