Chapter 16: Signs

"What the hell, Shiro!" hissed Pidge. The Voltron clan sat in a circle in the pine woods surrounding the warehouse where their friends were being held captive. "There is no way this plan of yours is going to work!"

      Hunk shook his head exasperated, "It's not the best-- but it could work."

       A slight embarrassed flush tinted Shiro's face pink, as his eyes flicked between his two friends. He knew that his plan wasn't the best in the world, but it was all they had at the moment. "I realize that it's a little crazy-"

      Pidge interrupted him with a scoff. Hunk rolled his eyes and gestured Shiro to keep talking. "-But, Lotor will never see it coming! He'll let his guard down just low enough so we can get the heck out of there!" every word was accompanied with his flying hands.

"Right. 'Cause escaping imprisonment is that simple." Pidge said, sarcasm dripping from her lips.

Hunk pointed a finger at the sandy brown haired girl, "Stop being so mean," he then turned to Shiro. "I'm sure if we work out a few details, it'll work." Hunk gave him a grin and in return Shiro smiled softly.

"Pidge, you know how to pick handcuffs, right?"

"Who do you think I am?"

      Shiro allowed himself a soft chuckle, before grabbing a short stick and kneeling in the dirt. "Since we have nothing better--let's get in there and destroy this bastard."

--------------------------

      The Voltron clan slowly crept towards a side entrance. Since their initial break in, the surveillance of the compound had increased ten-fold. It would be difficult to sneak in, but there was no way they were any match for Pidge. It was almost as the guards were begging her to mess with them.

      Each person held a fairly high tech gun; Honestly, she was surprised they were able to get anything like it. The guards each held a standard gun with the layout of a revolver that had an enlarged cylinder to hold more ammunition. A slight blue glow shone against the handle in swirling stripes. The glowing liquid combined with an electric spark where the hammer would usually be placed. And that was how the gun was fired.

      The design allowed for increased power and speed without the horrible, shoulder jerking recoil. Pidge could practically hear the guns asking her to mess with them over the small buzz of the electricity. A vicious grin spread across her face as she tapped against her new piece of tech she hadn't gotten around to naming yet.

      Hunk crawled next to Pidge and peered over her shoulder. "How is it you always have some sort of tech to conveniently get us out of any situation?"

      The tapping stopped, and Pidge turned to her friend. "Because I'm Pidge."

Both Hunk and Shiro let out surprised snorts and Hunk said, "That didn't answer anything."

"I did answer, it's just not what you wanted."

      Shiro rolled his eyes. "You're insufferable." The vicious smile turned into a shit-eating grin. "At your service." She resumed her typing.

The trio stayed hidden behind the thick foliage as Pidge—did whatever the heck she did. The sun barely touched the horizon, sending whorls of pink, red, and purple across the sky, when Pidge finally announced (softy. She wasn't an idiot) that her contraption was ready.

It was Shiro who asked, "What, exactly, does it do?" Pidge adjusted her glasses as she smirked, "I shoot this baby—" she held up literally just a jumble of wires, a trigger, and a barrel. "At those dudes guns and," she did a fairly accurate portrayal of someone spazzing out, " Zap! They get electrocuted by their own weapons!"