Chapter 3: Introductions At There Worst

The wizard and everyone else, except for Adira had left the kitchen to address their latest arrival. The woman didn't find it necessary to join them and took a seat at the back of the table and waited for them all to return so they could get this meeting over with. The young woman shook her head and rolled her eyes when she heard the hobbit's hysterics about his door and then the crack about him more suitable as a grocer than a burglar. 'What did the old man think these dwarves were gonna say when they realized he was inviting one of the most inexperienced races of Middle-earth. This hobbit had probably never seen or killed anything, he didn't seem like much of fighter at all. Violence was not in the nature of these little folk. The wizard was out of his mind thinking it was remotely possible Bilbo would survive out in the wild.' Adira snorted to herself. The woman's thoughts were soon disrupted when the dwarves came stomping back into the room and took seats around the table, except for one.

"Who is this little girl?" A dwarf with black wavy hair, streaked with grey strands demanded as he stood at the head of the table, point right in Adira's direction. Clearly the leader of these filthy animals.

"Excuse me? Who are you calling 'little girl?' " Adira grunted back as she stood up from her chair to her full height. The dwarf just looked at her, not intimidated at all by there height difference but it only made him more suspicious of her.

"Why is an elf, here?" The dwarf leader question, turning his glare to the wizard for an explanation.

"Um, hello! I am not an elf!" Adira shouted, getting the leaders attention right away when she moved her dark hair up to reveal she had no pointy ears.

"Your man's blood. You're just as untrustworthy as any elf!" The dwarf spat, while the rest of the hobbit's guests remained ever so silent, listening to these two.

"What makes you think, I'm man's blood?" The woman challenged with a smirk spreading across her face. The wizard just put his hand to his head, shaking it.

"I don't care who you are. I'm the leader of this company and I will not have a little girl of any race part of this meeting. Now I think it's time you head back home wherever it is you came from. " He snarled at her. Adira was infuriated with this dwarf's attitude towards her.

" Well then. It's a good thing I'm not a little girl and second - I don't have a home. So lets get on with this meeting. Or do you have something else ill-manned to say to me you ignorant pig!"

"Hold your tongue, Missy. Do you know whom you speak to?!" Dwalin hissed at her. Adira looked to her side to see it was the dwarf that had threatened her when she had first arrived. She narrowed her dark eyes at the fighter and then turned back to scowl at the dwarf across the table from her.

"Yes, I know exactly who this is. Thorin Oakenshield. The exiled king of Erebor. The dwarf that defeated Azog, the defiler. Has no hire of his own, stubborn, doesn't trust anyone and thinks very little of what others have to offer. Have I left anything out?" She taunted, watching Thorin's mood completely shift.

"Alright. I've heard enough!" Thorin growled reaching for his sword. He wasn't about to allow anyone, even a woman speak to him this way. She shouldn't even be here. Adira lunged over the table when she saw the dwarf reaching for his weapon and pushed him in the chest with the palms of her hands and he landed on his back and her boot against his chest, holding him down. Bilbo jumped out of the way as the rest of the dwarves grabbed whatever sharp object or most just held their fists in the air at her.

Your surrounded lass, back off!" Dwalin ordered her as he held his weapon right at her throat that she could just feel touching her skin.

"Or what? You'll kill me?" She hissed, looking at everyone of them, trying to intimidate them with her glare, but most have seen worse then her, the only one that felt a little frighten of her was Ori - who happened to be one of the youngest to take part in this quest that they still had yet to discuss.