two

"mickey, you're home! hey. this is brad." she said, sitting on the island, blushing like mad. he smiled and waved and i reciprocated. then, he opened his mouth.

"hi. it's nice to meet you. i've heard a lot about you." he still had his cute little smile plastered on his face as he encouraged a conversation.

"yeah, nice to meet you. wish i could say the same. how long have you two been dating?" i asked, grabbing a yogurt out of the fridge. i looked back up to see both of them dumbfounded, their cheeks turned bright red.

"oh um, we're not exactly-" brad starts.

"yeah we're just friends, we're not dating haha." meg continues.

"we're not dating yet." brad finishes, his voice overlapping with meg's. i watched as her eyes went wide with that last word. yet. promising, eh? she giggled quietly as i involuntarily rolled my eyes. meg could get with anyone, she might as well just make out with him right here, right now. he's got her wrapped around his finger. it was obvious.

i slowly pushed out, "right." as i sat at the table, consuming my snack and checking my texts.

"anyways," meg began, "we're going roller skating tonight if you wanna come with us?"

my eyes flicker towards brad and he seems indifferent due to his eyes being trained on meg. i think for a second before excusing myself. "actually i have a lot of homework so i can't tonight. sorry."

meg's response is almost immediate. "there's no excuse. it's friday, you have all weekend."

"fine then. but can we wait a bit? maybe i wanna bring someone." i ask, not expecting a no.

"yeah we're gonna leave at six thirty so be ready to walk out the door in 45 minutes," she responds, hardly paying attention to me. shes already ogling brad again.

a/: like 2 and a half years later i am so sorry, i ran out of creative writing juice. thank you to the few of you who have supported me throughout my writing journey! im not sure if this is the end or not, but i figured i'd publish all i had. much love :)