p r o l o g u e

Rain splattered against the muddy forest floor under their feet. October in Spokane isn't a particularly warm month. Filled with stormy days, decaying trees, and uncovered secrets.

But for most, just halloween and homecoming.

The moon barely illuminated the towering evergreens and the pit they created in front of them. Dirt was discarded haphazardly behind them as two shoveled hastily. The third, was crouched, leaning against a looming pine. She was frozen, in a catatonic state. Shaking. She stay rooted just like the trees surrounding the trio, and aiding them in hiding their sin.

Dark, cold and sticky were her hands, as she looked down the moon cast light upon her palms revealing the red substance that felt like just seconds ago, fell from the body wrapped in a blue plastic tarp. That now, was being heaved with great effort into the freshly dredged makeshift grave. The two girls swiftly began to cover the body with the damp soil. Sweat was dripping from their foreheads no matter the decreasing temperature of the approaching winter season.

No words were spoken by any, the only sound was the pounding rain as all three stood, emotionless. Big bursts of thunder struck in the distance, yet their eyes never wavered. Unable to move their gaze from where the body lay underground. Wordlessly, the three girls packed up their shovels and any other incriminating evidence and swiftly trudged through the thick woods to a sleek black "getaway" car. It started up with a slight roar before the tires slipped against the wet ground and skidded away on to the road. Away from the scene, none of them dared to look back.

A voiceless vow was made that night within the leather interior vehicle. The three silently vowed to each other that what happened that night. Never. Happened.

They also agreed that their lives changed rather drastically in the span of 30 days. Which in a way, was exactly what they wished for.

 Which in a way, was exactly what they wished for

7/23/19