Sin

3. Why Some Sins and Not Others?

Where the darkness cannot find me and your face is all I see...

Sin, everybody knows this one. It's the big no-no. Many people have different thoughts about sin, whether they're thinking about homosexuals or drinking and cursing. Before we get into all of that, let's acknowledge the 10 commandments.

• You shall have no other Gods but me.
• You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
• You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
• You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.
• Respect your father and mother.
• You must not commit murder.
• You must not commit adultery.
• You must not steal.
• You must not give false evidence against your neighbour.
• You must not be envious of your neighbour's goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour.

Throughout the bible God makes it clear that sin is intolerable, but through knowing him in your heart and trying to renew yourself to make yourself better, you will find there is more freedom than all those don'ts and shouldn'ts. Most people believe Christian's life are boring and filled with rules, but it's the complete opposite! Through God we find more freedom than any other people. When you have peace, forgiveness, love, grace all the qualities of God, in your heart; life will be blissful.

Now we've gotten to a time where LGBTQ has become more widespread. The big question everyone wonders is, can you be a gay Christian? The answer is very much black and white. The bible says man should not lie with man. That is a fact. But it is also known that everyone sins, I believe that Jesus followers who have a relationship with God and Jesus might go to heaven with sins that they still haven't asked for forgiveness for, eager to do better. That is, when judgement day comes. But the thing with Christian homosexuals is they know that the lifestyle they're living isn't what God wants. How much do you love God that you would sacrifice your sins for him?

A moment of pain is worth an eternity of glory.

That being said, I do not hold all the answers and some homosexuals who have that relationship may be in heaven, but also that does not mean that they should be treated any differently. God says to love your neighbour. In fact Jesus says these exact words.

"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister, will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ' Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell."
‭‭(Matthew‬ ‭5:21-22‬ ‭NIV‬‬)

Okay, now that I've covered the sin point, I'm going to move on to the fact that some people take the bible verses out of context. People always seem to bring up, "Oh you can't be gay but it also says in the bible that you can't wear silk, sheep skin or eat cheese." Old Testament and new testaments are two different generations. If you don't know what the two testaments are I'll explain.

"The Christian Bible has two sections, the Old Testament and the New Testament. The Old Testament is the original Hebrew Bible, the sacred scriptures of the Jewish faith, written at different times between about 1200 and 165 BC. The New Testament books were written by Christians in the first century AD."

It's pretty obvious that back then things were completely different. Rules that applied to the Jewish people, because of the problems they had to deal with, doesn't apply to us now. Jews and Christians aren't the same. Things in the Old Testament don't apply to us if they haven't been repeated in the New Testament which is under God's new law.

Like I said, sin is very complicated. If you disagree on something I said, or you think I said something incorrectly please DM.

———————

What are some sins you're trying to stop? How's it going?

If you're new to faith and are interested in getting closer with God do you want to say this prayer with me? You don't have you be an amazing or nice person to have a relationship with him, just come as you are and he'll accept you.

Dear God, thank you for the life you have given me. Thank you for the people I have met and will meet in the future, God, please forgive any sins I have committed, whether I knew it was a sin or not. I want to let you come into my life and fill me with the goodness and kindness of you. Thank you Lord, amen.