Chapter 11 - Peter's POV

I walk through to the front room, only to see Gwen asleep on the couch, surrounded by pieces of paper with venue ideas, food plans, and god knows what else on them. I sigh. I feel so bad. She is working so hard for this wedding. I just wish she would relax a bit. I sit down next to her, and kiss her head softly. A small smile creeps onto her face. She opens her eyes slowly. "Oh Peter." She whispers, wrapping her arms around my neck and closing her eyes again. "I didn't know it was going to be this much work." I put an arm around her back, and she leans into me. "I know, I know. You just rest today, ok? I'll try and,...um,....make you coffee." I say. She smiles. "Well, you do make good coffee." I attempt to get up, but she doesn't let me. "I don't need coffee right now." She whispers. She ruffles my hair softly. "I just am just so stressed." She says. I can almost feel her pain. She's just not been right lately. She's not been herself. I can tell. What with the wedding and Oxford, she has just been stress central. I hate to see her like this. She doesn't deserve it. She doesn't. She doesn't deserve it after what she's already been through.

**********************************

We just sit on the couch all day. I never left her side. Gwen's phone starts to ring. "Peter, can you be the best guy ever and answer my phone?" I pick up her phone and put it on loudspeaker. "Hi Gwen!! I was just wondering what size you got the 'clothing' in." Gwen looks puzzled. "Oh, um, hi Marie-Jean. Um....12? Why? You were there." Gwen says into the phone resting on my chest. Marie-Jean notices Gwen's tired tone. "Oh." Says Marie-Jean. "Have I interrupted something?" I laugh slightly. Gwen smiles. "No! No no no. I was just really tired and so....yeah. Why did you want to know the size?" Marie-Jean stutters for a second. "I just wanted to make sure. Ok. Bye!!" Then hangs up on us. Gwen looks at me, puzzled. She just rests her head on my chest. I stroke her hair softly. "Shame." Gwen says. "What?" I ask.

"You were already the best guy ever."