Chapter 12 - Gwen's POV

Peter is such a great guy. If you don't like him, you're not right. If you don't think he is attractive, you need glasses. If you don't think what he says is sweet, you need hearing aids. Just saying.

Peter and I are choosing out wedding rings. We decided to go for a platinum ring. He has been so helpful lately. He has helped with the wedding, daily housework, and much more. Which means If we spilt the work equally, we are not as stressed, and we get to spend more time together. He's just being such a blooming good fiancé. Plus we still have time to meet up with Mark and Marie-Jean. They have also been taking the wedding under their wing too. Mark is to be Peter's best man, and Marie-Jean is to be my bridesmaid. This weekend, we are going back to New York for the weekend. I am pretty excited. My mother says that my brothers are all really excited about the wedding. My mother says she won't get drunk; I don't believe that at all. Ever since I was young, every event my mother has went to, a wedding or party, she has always come back extremely drunk. Just as well my brothers are staying with me and Peter and I the night of the wedding, and not my mother in her separate hotel. I mean, Peter could well get drunk, but I don't plan too. But anyway. I'm pretty excited. As you can probably tell.

*********************************

As I open the door, my three brothers come running up to greet me. My mother comes running up behind them. "Gwen!!!! So nice to see you darling!!" She shouts. She sees Peter, and sneers slightly. "Hello Peter." She says, walking back into the kitchen. My mother has never liked Peter. Ever since she saw Peter kissing me on the balcony, and that wasn't the quickest kiss ever...., she has never trusted him with me. But I love Peter. And she can do nothing to stop that.

I walk into my room. The smell of old perfume and coconut hair wash floods through me. Peter is close behind me. He runs over to the fire escape and jumps out onto it. "Ahhh...good times." He says. "I walk in, kiss you, and then go back out. That was our routine here." I laugh slightly. "Sure." I laugh back. It is nice to be back in my own city. We walk back through to the kitchen. Where Howard and Simon are sitting. Simon walks up to Peter. "Now Mr.Parker. I trust you will be taking good care of Gwen. Am I right? And you understand that Gwen does not take any nonsense, nor do I. I will understand that you will be taking good care of her when she is in your presence?" He says. Peter starts to laugh. I hit him on the back sharply. Simon is not to be messed with. "Oh. Of course. She is in good hands." Peter smirks.

"Simon is pretty serious."

"Yeah. He has always been like that."

"He won't like this then."

"What?"

Peter kisses me. Mid-kiss, we hear Simon run down the hallway.

"PETER PARKER!! WHAT DID I SAY TO YOU!!"