It's All a Gamble

"Cancer? You ok babe?" Capricorn's voice echoed in her head.

"Y-ya I'm good. I'm just going to take a walk." She laughed nervously.

"Alright." He nodded.

He didn't even offer to come with me.

Cancer walked out the dining room and through the door into the formal living room. It had a dark glow to it and a creepy ambiance but it was better then being anywhere around Capricorn. Cancer had a throbbing headache and it didn't seem to be getting better. She moved from the formal living room into a much darker room.

The lack of lighting seemed to soothe her headache so she continued to linger in the room. Her mind was suddenly filled with bloodthirsty thoughts she couldn't control but it felt good. It felt good imagining all the people that had betrayed her and crushing them underneath her foot, like a measly ant. Her hands trembled out of uncontrollable excitement of torturing someone. Cancer gasped as sweat beaded at the sides of her head.

"What the hell was I thinking about?" She muttered to herself and took notice of the unnerving darkness around her.

"Is it getting to you?" A low voice growled.

"What?" Cancer looked around. Her eyes widened with fear.

"Doesn't it feel good? Thinking about the downfall of others? It's human nature to be condescending, to want what others want; or to take away what others have." The voice seemed to be abnormally close to her, whispering in her ear.

"Get away from me!" She screamed and flailed her arms around.

"I don't think you know how much your body yearns for blood. The other you is itching to come out." Now the voice seemed to be inside her head. It wasn't human anymore, it wasn't human in the first place.

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD." Cancer clutched her hair and began pulling on it. Her eyes welled up with tears from the pain but she didn't stop and fell to her knees. Suddenly the lights turned on and a tall figure was in front of her. She panted and looked up.

"Ophiuchus?" Cancer gulped.

"Oh you poor child." He chided, his hands were tucked in his pockets.

"Why are you here?" Her voice trembled.

"To aid the damsel in distress of course." He chuckled.

A sudden wave of desperation washed over Cancer. She frantically crawled to his feet and clutched his shiny black dress shoes.

"Please. Please help me." Cancer begged.

Ophiuchus sighed and smiled at the pitiful sight.

Cancer moved her hands up to his calves and gripped the fabric of his pants. She looked up and whimpered as she waited for his response.

"Of course I will help you." Ophiuchus patted her head.

"Yes, yes thank you." She sighed in relief.

"However, there's no such thing as free lunch." Ophiuchus shook his finger in a taunting manner.

Cancer stood up and put a hand on the side of his cheek.

"I'll do anything." She whispered and leaned in closer.

Ophiuchus turned his head to avoid her kiss.

Cancer frowned and then looked down.

"Perhaps you want something more?" She dropped to her knees and gripped his pants tightly.

"As much as I would like to indulge in my desires I don't wish to receive anything from someone like you." Ophiuchus walked away from her small body.