Chapter 60

"Deanna! Deanna Wong!" Tawag ng isang student na tumatakbo papalapit kay Deanna.

Deanna just finished their afternoon volleyball training. She's fixing her stuff ng lumapit ang isang student at iniabot ang ilang envelope.

"Salamat bai!" Deanna said as she took the envelopes.

"Way sapayan idol!" The student replied then dashed off their school gym.

Deanna just received 3 white envelopes, 2 of which has the Atenean logo, while the other one has no return address but has her name on it.

She wiped her sweat and walked toward their locker room. She sat on the bench then put her bag on the side. She focused on the letters.

Sana tanggap application ko sa Ateneo. I can't wait na makasama si Jema. And since ate Maddie just transferred, mabubuo na uli kaming tatlo. May Open and MIddle na akong sesetan! Deanna told herself.

She's a bit nervous which is evident on her facial reaction. She tore the side of the first envelope and unfolded the letter.

After reading it, she smiled.

Yes! Pasado ako sa ACET! I'll be with you soon Jema ko! Matawagan nga. Deanna thought.

Deanna took her phone and dialed Jema's number. After few rings, no one answered.

Baka nasa practice or maybe may ginagawang school work. Deanna thought.

She slipped the letter back to the envelop then took the second envelope from Ateneo. She opened it and read the letter.

WAAAAAAAAAAA! They said they are considering me to be part of the AWVT!!!!! Deanna thought as she jumps out of excitement.

"YES YES YES!!!" Deanna exclaimed.

She took her phone again and dialled Jema's number.

"Hello?" A lady answered on the other line.

"Hello??" Deanna answered when she felt that she's not speaking with Jema.

"Jema?" Deanna asked.

"Deanna?" The person on the other side said as if she recognized her.

"Deanna!! Si Maddie to!!!" Maddie said happily on the other side.

"Ate Mads! Kamusta? Asan si Jema?" Deanna asked.

"Miss you Deanns! Ahh, nasa shower pa." Maddie answered.

"Just let her know I called ate, if free na sya, baka pwede nya akong tawagan." Deanna said.

"Okay Deanns! Catch-up soon!" Maddie said and ended the call.

Sayang hindi ko man lang nakausap si Jema. Pero baka kasi need ko syang isurprise. Deanna thought after the call ended.

Binalik na Deanna ang sulat at nilapag na din ang phone para makapag shower na din. Naiwan ni Deanna ang pangatlong sulat unopened.

After magshower at magbihis, nilagay ni Deanna lahat ng gamit sa bag at lumabas na ng gym. Saktong nagaabang na ang driver nila Deanna. She didn't waste a second at agad na sumakay sa kotse nila at nakaidlip ito on the way sa bahay nila.

Nagising si Deanna sa mahinang tapik sa balikat nya.

Nginitian na lang ni Deanna ang driver at binitbit ang bag at mabilis na lumabas sa kotse at pumasok sa bahay nila.

Pagpasok nya sa bahay ay nakita nya ang mama nya na nag aayos ng bulaklak sa sala. Lumapit si Deanna at hinalikan ito sa pisngi.

"Oh naa na di ay ka. Magdinner na ta." her mom said.