Chapter 4- So, you see me? Now you don't

Jem's Pov:

Seconds turned into minutes. Then minutes turned into hours, and I was still starring at it. My whole body was still, and everything was quiet. Then suddenly the locket began to get hotter, making me drop it. Then all of the sudden, my body started hurting.

It felt like all my bones were just breaking in half, making me scream out in pain. My vision kept on getting worse by the second, to the point where all I could see was flashes of certain images. My mind just couldn't focus enough to see what was actaully happening, but in those few seconds before I blacked out I saw the Griffin looking at me with concern. Then I completely blacked out.

Mystery Pov:

I can feel it. She's in pain right now. I had to get to her quickly, I grabbed my bow and arrow and sprinted towards her direction. The pain I was feeling was becoming more intense, as the minutes increased. 'Oh please be okay Jem.' I thought.

>>Timeskip 10 minutes..........

I'd finally arrived at the cave, and Jem was on the ground. I started to approach her but the Griffin was blocking my way. I give it one of my deadly glares, and it bowed it's head in submission then walked back. Once he was out of the way, I bent down to Jem and placed my hand on her head.

"You can shift back now Markus." I said, I heard a sound behind me and there stood Markus. He had black hair with blue eyes, he wore a white shirt with black pants.

"Geez Laila, there was no need to glare." He said.

"And did you really need to be the Griffin? You could've just brought her here, without shifting into that...beast." I said.

"I am not a beast!" He complained.

"Yah right, keep telling yourself that Markus. So how long has she been out?" I asked changing the subject.

"For about ten minutes, she should be waking up any moment now."

"Did she see the locket?" Silence filled the air after that, and then he answered.

"Yah she did, and she stared at it for a long time. Since the time we got here about four hours ago, she just looked at the photo." He explained. I stood up and started walking out, when suddenly he put his hand on my shoulder. "Why are you leaving? Don't you think she'll wanna see you?"

"Remember Markus, she doesn't know who we are. But Markus, I just wanna say. Watch over my sister okay?" I said with concern in my voice. He nodded his head, and I ran out of the cave. 'I can't see her, I just can't.' I thought.

Jem's Pov:

When I finally regained consciousness, I looked around the cave for the Griffin. After some careful searching, I saw it near the entrance of the cave. It looked like it was, guarding it? You know how solders walked around their asigned spot? Well it looked exactly like that.

I sat up from where I was laying down, and slowly approached the Griffin from behind. I reached for the Griffin and began to pet it, but it jumped back and started looking around. I went infront of it a couple times but it just looked around me, as if I wasn't even there.

Then suddenly I heard a thud behind me, making me turn around to see what was there. To my suprise it was someone wearing a cape. They removed it fully to reveal, a boy. He had short brown hair with p-purple eyes? 'I thought, I was the only one with it.' I thought.

He kept walking into the cave, then he waived his hand in a circle. And he started smirking.

"Come out Jem, I won't hurt you." He said. 'How does he know my name!' I raged. I couldn't explain it, but I was just filled with anger. This man knew my name, in which I didn't like very much. I took a step towards him, and his eyes widened. "I've finally found you."

"Yah yah, whatever. How the hell, do you know my name?" I asked.

"You mean you don't remember me?" I shook my head in responce. He still wasn't answering me question! Like he's avoiding it!

"Like I could give a fvck who you are. I'll ask again, who are you?" I snapped. There was a brief moment of silence, then he replied.

"I'm your brother."