Chapter 7- I'm the boss around here

Jem's Pov:

After Silver and I finished talking, my attention was brought back to Jeremiah. I really did want to stay with him. I mean he is still my brother, and we've still got fourteen years worth of things to learn about each other. But I gotta get back to the palace, I need to continue on with my training.

"Jeremiah. I have to leave, I'm still in my training. In which I need to continue." I said.

"It's alright Jem, I understand. But take Markus with you, he'll help you incase of any danger." He suggested.

"But why would he do that? I think I'm perfectly fine on my own." I said.

"If I'm not interfering with this decision. I would like to say that I'm a guard of your mother and father's, they trusted me to watch over you and keep you safe. In which, I'll try and fulfill my only purpose here." Markus said. I just sighed, and agreed to him going.

He then shifted into the Griffin, and allowed me to climb on his back. I waved goodbye to Jeremiah, and he jumped off the edge and sprouted his long wings. This time unlike the last, I kept my eyes open and the view was amazing. I could get use to souring through the sky, then suddenly he took a dive down making me cluch tighter onto his fur.

Then we hit the ground with a thud, and landed perfectly. I hopped off of it, and in the distance I could clearly see the palace.

"Thanks Markus." I said. Then I kept on walking towards the palace. 'I wonder what they'll think when they see me?' I thought.

>>Timeskip to the palace........

I'd finally made it to the palace. I hesitantly reached for the door handle, then when I grabbed hold of it I opened the door fully and walked inside. In which I was met with four pairs of eyes.

"Jem!" All of them exclaimed. Amanda got out of her chair, and embraced me. Very close to knocking me off my feet, but I caught myself.

"You alright Jem? Nothing broken, brused, or eternally damaged?" She asked.

"I'm just fine Amanda." I said, then Devin slowly approached me. Silver was already trying to take over, but I kept her in check at the moment.

"You escaped the forest Jem, so therefore you completed your first challenge. But I must ask, what happened to the Griffin?" He asked.

"Well it took me to its cave, and there my emotions were out of control. And I shifted again." I explained. I wasn't gonna tell them the whole story, I mean, would you?

"You shifted again? Well what's the new power?" Ava asked.

"I can turn invisible." They nodded their heads in acceptance, and left the room. Leaving me and Devin alone.

'Let me take over Jem, I got a few words to say to this bastard.' Silver said.

'In just a second, he's about to tell me something.' I told her.

"Jem I'm so sorry. When you got kidnapped by that Griffin, I had your powers and your wolf. And they somehow escaped. I'm truly sorry about that." He said.

"It's alright Devin, they came back to me when they were released. Silver told me all about it, in which she has a couple words she want's to say." I told him, and he nodded. Signaling that he was ready. Then I let Silver take over, but it didn't feel like normal. It felt more contained.

Silver's Pov:

How dare he! How dare he try to contain me, I warned him of the consequences last time. I'm no ordinary wolf that you can just lock up, I'm able to break the locks for his so called 'spell' to get back to Jem.

"What the hell Devin?! You know damn well, I hate being inside that box." I said to him, putting venom with every word.

"I'm sorry Silver but I had to do it, it was part of the t-." He said.

"I couldn't give a fvck if it was a test." Then I walked closer to him, making him take steps back. Then his back hit the wall, and I now cornered him. "You know who your speaking to, so don't fvcking tell me it was a test. I will never leave Jem's side no matter what the test, so help me Devin. I will kill you, and I'll have pleasure doing it." I explained, he sweat dropped and nodded his head.

"I won't separate you two again." He said.

"That's much better. And the name Devin, really? Was that the best name you could come up with?" I asked amused.

"Hey! It was Amanda's idea, she came up with these names." He explained, with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Mermaids these days. Just wanna do anything and name everything. Like did you know I caught her calling a fork, her hairbrush?" And he busted out laughing.

"Ah good times, good times. Anyways Silver, you should let Jem take over again." He said.

"I will, besides she won't know of anything that happened here."

"Why is that?"

"Because she's in the strongest part of me, in which nothing can be heard or seen from the outside. But before I take my leave, you better not say a word about this to a living soul."

"I won't say anything. But you said a living soul, so I'll probably say it to a dead person." I chucked a little then turned away from him. Right as I was about to let Jem take over, I turned back to him.

"Devin, I must warn you about Jem. Beware of her kill switch, be careful not to push her buttons to far." I said and then slowly let Jem take over. But right before she completly took over, I couldn't help but think. 'He's such a smartass.' I thought.