The breakup

The breakup really wasn't that bad. It was mutual. Jacob wanted a long term relationship, Larri could promise that. Jacob was just too different, they could never get along.

"So, it's official? We're over?" Larri asked, trying to sound stronger than he felt.

"I guess so. I'm sorry, I really didn't want to do this over the phone." Jacob sighed.

"It's okay, I have to go, but thank you for being honest." Larri said, holding back tears he knew would never come. Slowly he dialed his best friend's number, it was still early where Issa lived, he might not have even been awake yet, but Issa picked up, his voice groggy but still somehow completely Issa. Issa had been off YouTube for a while now, and Larri knew part of that tired, grogginess was because of depression.

"Can I come visit you? Please? I don't want to be alone right now." Larri asked, his voice quiet and it was obvious he was trying not to cry. Issa could feel his heart shattering.

"What happened, Larri? Was it Jacob?" Before Issa could ask anything  else Larri quietly said yes, making Issa stop and go back to his bed. "Facetime me, please." Issa said, only hanging up once Larri said he would. Issa quickly grabbed his laptop and tried to figure out when the soonest he could get Larri to him was, it happened to be two days from that day. His facetime opened and he answered it quickly. "So the soonest I can get you here is in two days, I'll pay for you to get here, would that work?" Issa asked before Larri could say anything.

Larri knew not to argue with Issa about money, he did in videos, but that was really just joking. "Two days? Y-yeah, that's fine." Larri's voice cracked and he had to look away from the screen so Issa couldn't see him cry. 

"Okay, I'm going to order tickets and express ship them to you, you should have them on time." Isaa said, clicking order and filling everything out. Luckily he wasn't going to Larri, otherwise he'd probably yell at Jacob, and that just wouldn't be good.

"Okay. Can we talk still? About anything besides Jacob, please?" Larri took a deep breath like Issa had told him so many times before. 4 in, 7 hold, 8 out. It helped, partly because when he did it he always remembered when Issa would just sit next to him, hugging him and reminding him to breathe. It helped a lot.

Issa smiled gently, the smile that Larri secretly loved because it reminded him that someone was always there, right at his side when he needed him. It hurt to see Larri like this, broken and far from the giggly, happy person he knew so well. Issa typed something on his laptop and Hey There Delilah started playing, sure it was a love song, but Issa loved Larri, they were best friends and of anything happened to the other they immediately jumped it, it kept them from a lot of unnecessary YouTube drama.

"Idiot." Larri smiled sadly, trying to be happy for Issa because Issa was happy when he needed it the most.

"Bitch." Issa joked back, just watching Larri sigh and relax, this was their song, they would see each other in 2 days, they would be okay.

Larri laid down again, he couldn't sleep, but he could at least help Issa calm him down.

"So two days. I guess I'll see you a lot sooner than I thought." Larri mumbled, he barely slept at all, but there was no way he was going to sleep after all that just happened.

"I guess so." Issa smiled, watching his friend close his eyes and his breaths steady out. "Totally not going to sleep, my ass." Issa whispered, plugging his phone back in but not hanging up. All night it was, okay, not a first, definitely not a last. Larri called him a lot when he was bored, or missed him, or just needed to rant. It was always them against the world. And with that, Issa fell asleep too.

Two days until they were together again. Only two days.

(A/N: So I normally reach for 1,000 words. That was only 701, normally chapters will be longer than this, but this felt like a good place to end it.)